weight loss

Options
Hi been doing mfp for 22 days now and lost 9lbs is that good ? still got 42lbs to lose

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Given the likely initial water weight loss, it seems within the realm of "good."
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    That's an average of about 3lbs/week which is pretty fast, but that may be being skewed somewhat if you lost a lot of that in the first week, since most people will lose a few lbs of water weight at the beginning of a diet. The maximum recommended healthy rate of loss is usually 2lbs/week.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple more weeks to see if you continue to lose an average of 3 lbs a week. If you continue to lose at this rate, it's too quick and I suggest eating a little bit more to slow it down. Try to keep the weight loss to about 1-1.5 lbs/week.
  • KainHighwind
    KainHighwind Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Like @DeguelloTex said a lot of the time you do lose a lot of water weight at first, though it is a great start.
    I recommend changing things up so it keeps your body guessing.(eg change up your cardio activities or eat different foods)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Like @DeguelloTex said a lot of the time you do lose a lot of water weight at first, though it is a great start.
    I recommend changing things up so it keeps your body guessing.(eg change up your cardio activities or eat different foods)

You don't need to keep your body guessing... you just need a calorie deficit.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Just don't get discouraged if/when the weight loss slows down. It flies off at first and then slows down.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

Your body does not play "charades" - there is no need to keep it "guessing."

Maintain a calorie deficit, eat a varied diet with an emphasis on nutrient dense foods, get some exercise. No reason to make it any more complicated than that.