Is it possible to weight gain and enjoy food without over stuffing myself

Options
So, is it possible to gain weight and still enjoy food without overstuffing myself until um fed up of food? And I hate all these protein shakes you get and fake food. I don't eat much until lunch as I got problems tasting food and thus enjoying food. What do any weight gainers do to gain sensible but also have a bit of fun eating?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Yes. Very.

IIFYM - hit your micronutrient and macronutrient goals... and then enjoy what you like.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I am bulking right now and my diary is open, feel free to browse it ..you will see that I hardly every drink shakes...

make sure you hit micronutrient goals, but feel free to fill in your calories with bagels, ice cream, pizza, etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I am bulking right now and my diary is open, feel free to browse it ..you will see that I hardly every drink shakes...

make sure you hit micronutrient goals, but feel free to fill in your calories with bagels, ice cream, pizza, etc.

This...

I am doing the same thing but I am in a cut.... so it would be much easier to get foods you love and very nutrient dense foods at the same time during a bulk.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of Nutella?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of Nutella?

Eww Nutella :s
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of Nutella?

This!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Ever heard of Nutella?

Eww Nutella :s

agreed!
  • gailhamiltonstar964
    Options
    Ok, so based in what I've read. If I eat my nutrient levels for ...is it mainenace? Then I eat what I want? But won't this show up as way over the sugar level and carb or fat ...or do I care. And dies it matter if it's extra cals.
    Sorry Jennifer I'm not a Nutella fan. My vices are coffee especially cappuccinos , wine, cheese, chocolate and cake, cream and fruit fresh of course
  • psuLemon
    Options
    In the grand scheme of things the importance to building muscle for diet = calories <-- protein <-- carbs <-- rest.

And obviously the key to health is getting a variety of foods from whole sources to include veggies, fruits, dairy, whole grains, meats/fish, legumes/nuts.
  • gailhamiltonstar964
    Options
    Cheers for that. I just don't know how to do that while and log it onto myftnesspal. Ie do I measure macros and nutrients by maintenance then eat over or measure by want to gainX amount per week?
  • ruiaportela
    ruiaportela Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about starting iifym because, I am used to cutting carbs and eating a lot of protein and fat to lose weight now, with this concept of a limit, I'm scared I don't feed my muscles with the amount of nutrition they require to grow.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm worried about starting iifym because, I am used to cutting carbs and eating a lot of protein and fat to lose weight now, with this concept of a limit, I'm scared I don't feed my muscles with the amount of nutrition they require to grow.

Well carbs help promote muscle growth so....