Greetings From Detroit

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a Heather, a 32 year old woman from Detroit. I graduated nursing school from an accelerated program in December and recently left a position at a hospital that wasn't a good fit for me. Prior to that, I was taking care of my sick mother while in school. She recently passed away while under the care of hospice on May 25th. To say that this year has been stressful is quite the understatement. The depression has been so heavy that I've found it difficult to get out of bed most days.

I started putting back on weight right before graduation. With the pressure of coursework, late nights working on projects, and taking care of my mother, I found myself turning back to food and alcohol for comfort. Before I knew it, I had put on 30 lbs. At one point in my life, I was 310 lbs and during nursing school, I had finally broke 200 lbs and was sitting at 187 lbs. I was beginning to do bodybuilding moves and my body was responding beautifully. I'm not sure what happened that last semester but I lost my steam.

Here I am back at 220 lbs. I returned from a trip to Germany and after a lot of brotchen and beir, I stepped on the scale and knew it was time to put an end to it. I have worked too hard to get a vast amount of weight off and this is only the second time in my life I've had a significant weight gain since losing over 120 lbs.

So here I am, I've pushed restart. My long term goal is 60 lbs and my short term goal is to be able to fit in my clothes again!!! Feel free to add me. I'm also going to start updating my tumblr blog again to track my progress, vent, and post pictures of cats and/or other musings.

Take care and thank you for taking time to read this! I wish you all the best on your journey.