Random weight gain?

Killerdolphin_9
Killerdolphin_9 Posts: 22 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I was doing incredibly well actually. I had made it down to 181.6 which was less than 2 pound from my goal for between June and September. However, in the past two days I have been exercising, eating well, and drinking a ton of water, but I gained 4 pounds? And I'm not sure what the reason would be. The only differences was I started drinking protein powder, and I stopped doing things like situps because I ran out of time. But other than that my diet and exercise has been the same. I even walked an extra three miles yesterday. So I'm not sure where this sudden weight gain is from.

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    I was doing incredibly well actually. I had made it down to 181.6 which was less than 2 pound from my goal for between June and September. However, in the past two days I have been exercising, eating well, and drinking a ton of water, but I gained 4 pounds? And I'm not sure what the reason would be. The only differences was I started drinking protein powder, and I stopped doing things like situps because I ran out of time. But other than that my diet and exercise has been the same. I even walked an extra three miles yesterday. So I'm not sure where this sudden weight gain is from.

Answer is bolded.

Minor day-to-day variations in weight are not only inevitable, but they are to be expected. They are also immaterial.

Focus on the long-term trends, not day-to-day fluctuations.

Reasons? Could be you are retaining a bit of water, maybe it's close to your TOM, or maybe you just need to poop.

Unless you overate by about 14,000 calories, they are not fat gains.