Feeling Positive! :)

Options
Hi every one :)

I just wanted to share a very small 'win' with you all that isn't weight related but is certainly new to me! I've been 'on form' for almost 5 months now and haven't had a 'treat' once. Not once. I haven't gone over my calorie allowance in 5 months. I know, I know - I need to get out more but I've been extremely determined and I'm very focused on being healthy.

Since being on MFP, I went from eating a restrictive 1200 calories per day to a healthy and much more 'doable' 1500 calories per day. I have a desk job but I work out four times a week at quite an intense level so I had no idea (until you lovely people educated me!) that I could be eating more and still losing weight - which is what is happening.

I've also been introduced to 'Calorie Banking'. There are a few days during the week where I am under my goal by around 50 - sometimes a little more. On the day, I don't feel like eating anything else so come Saturday, I count back 7 days, add up all my unused calories and use it for a little bit of indulging. A 'Cheat Meal' (Sorry, A taboo word!) without going over my deficit. Amazing.

Enjoying MFP, learning something new every day and feeling fantastic.

I just thought I'd share a happy post and I hope I can encourage anyone who is finding this hard. I promise you can do it.

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    B) I love posts like this! Keep up the awesome work with your bad self!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes, you can lose weight and still enjoy food. And banking is what i do for my weekend beer ;) LOLOLOL
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Congrats! "getting it" is such an awesome feeling!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one :)
    Sometimes it's these small 'wins' that make it all a bit easier!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Great post. Well done and congratulations. You seem to know exactly what your doing and have the determination and focus to achieve it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's all about learning as you go. Continued success :)
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Awesome! MFP was definitely a real eye opener for me too, never felt/looked/ate better! :)
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Nice post and yay! On your success.
  • Jessyd76
    Jessyd76 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing!

And congrats on your focus and success! You seriously rock! :)
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    yay! nice attitude! I've just started "learning" and getting it, myself, and I cannot wait to say I've been doing it for 5 months! Awesome work
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job :smile:

The rugby world cup starts next Friday so I'm going to be calorie banking for the first time ever during the tournament as I will be away nearly every weekend having a few sherbets! Glad to hear it works!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks you lovely people :)

Calorie banking has pretty much saved my Saturday's! :D