Barcode Scanner Not Working?

Options
michsineath
michsineath Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2015 in Chit-Chat
Within the last two days, the barcode scanner on the MyFitnessPal iOS app has just stopped working. I can pull it up without issue, but when I go to scan a barcode - nothing happens. Anyone else?

Tips and advice welcome. :)

Replies

• Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Not sure on this one mate, I have been using it myself just today. I would suggest starting by a) make sure the lens on your camera is given a quick clean just in case, b) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, c) Contact customer support to see whether they have any suggestions :)myfitnesspal.com/welcome/contact_us
  • mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Common fault. Delete and re install the app mate.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ^Maybe. Mine works like a dream so far, except for occasionally matching the barcode to the wrong food, which is easily fixed, and taking a loooooong time to use. Sorry I can't offer any helpful advice!
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Not sure on this one mate, I have been using it myself just today. I would suggest starting by a) make sure the lens on your camera is given a quick clean just in case, b) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app, c) Contact customer support to see whether they have any suggestions :)myfitnesspal.com/welcome/contact_us

Nonsense, MFP techs have built in a new functionality into the barcode scanner technology. If it doesn't work, then you can eat it and it's zero calories.

How can I break mine then :D