Those of you who exercise in the morning

Options
2»

Replies

• mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I work full time and go to class til 10 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so the only time I can fit in a full session at the gym on those days is the mornings, so I devote those to lifting days, as well as Sundays. On Monday, Wedneday, and Fridays I just see how I feel; they are cardio days and I typically do better with cardio after being awake for a couple hours, so I typically go after work, but sometimes if I'm up anyways, I'll run in the morning. Sometimes the morning lifting sessions feel amazing and other days I drag through it - I think it just depends on how well I slept - this morning's was great!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I definitely find that, unless I have plans to work out with a friend in the evening, I do much better getting up in the morning to work out. If I just walk or use the elliptical I don't tend to eat anything extra but if I am going to add some strength training I will drink a small protein shake right after working out. I've made it 4 out of the last 5 days and have finally broken a 3 week plateau.
  • 46HealthyMe
    46HealthyMe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a morning workout person. If I waited until after work I would never do it. I know myself well enough to know if I wait I will talk myself out of it.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person, but i know i would not work out if i waited till evening
    i roll out of bed around 4:30, chug a little milk before and after my walk or run. eat breakfast about 7, snack 9:30, lunch 11:30, snack 2:30, dinner around six, ice cream before bed. plus i like that if i run in the morning, i will have already hit my 10k steps for the day
  • keylope
    keylope Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the mornings and sometimes will do both mornings and afternoon workouts. Depends on the weather, but mornings work best for me with a protein shake as I wake up and then dress and start my workout 15 or 20 minutes later.

Then breakfast and planned snacks after that. Good for you for getting up. I've also found that if I'm not able to get a morning workout in, I still wake up at the same time so my internal clock gets used to the time.
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    God damn you guys have willpower! Getting up early in the morning for a run!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I loooooove getting up in the morning for an awesome workout sesh!
    I love starting off the day with a rush of endorphins. It's also really good after a long tiring day knowing that I don't need to go to the gym because I've already been!
    Plus watching the sunrise after