Going on Vacation. Any tips for minimize the damage....?

Options
13»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Just like at home;
    eat fresh foods not processed
    find activities that burn calories ie; hiking, swimming, dancing etc.
    Have fun!!

Because that is so easy when you eat out all the time...

maybe i'm just picky in RE to the type of restaurants I eat at, but anywhere I eat has plenty of fresh and healthy alternatives. people make choices...when people eat out, they tend to not make the best choices...after all, they're out...but that's on them.

beyond that, it's pretty easy to compensate with other meals and whatnot throughout the day. often if I'm on a trip and going to be eating out and just indulging I will eat two meals per day and maybe a small snack and that's it...people are in control of what they do and it's really not difficult to compensate for better or worse decisions.

just because fish 'n chips is on the menu doesn't mean you can't choose the grilled cod and fresh greens...
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday. Don't log just enjoy your food (you can still be sensible and have fun).

Also I find that doing stuff on holiday helps, walk around more, swim more - just generally be active (but not stuck in the hotel gym), do stuff that fun outside.

But the main thing is - you've probably worked hard for the time off - enjoy it.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    on my last cruise I decided to skip breakfast and didn't gain a pound!!!! I ate delicious food, desserts, had drinks, always satisfied. I also like to stay active because I just enjoy it. Drink lots of water as well. A lot of "weight gain" after vacationing is water retention from high sodium foods. ENJOY!!!