To many set backs. Not by choice. How do you deal with set backs.

Options
Looking for motivation. Everytime I get in a good two weeks of boot camp and home workouts responsibilities interrupt my goals and and I have to start over again. It gets really frustrating.

Replies

• saras430
    saras430 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate. I have 2 small children and a spouse who is work all day. I'm a SAHM and sticking to a set rountine of diet and exercise seems really hard. I've been meditating more and that seems to keep me focused. At the same time I try to stick what's possible for me (for example, a 1 hour walk with baby vs. a spinning class at the gym. I try not to beat myself about it.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'd say make sure the plan you choose to follow is sustainable. In other words, could you see yourself doing your current plan for life? If the answer is no, it's possibly a little too restrictive for you and your lifestyle. Make sure your calorie deficit is sensible but not too low, allow your body a day to rest in between work-out's and don't burn yourself out. If you are mentally in the right place, the rest will follow :)

Best of luck.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to accept that I can't cram for this. I like intense effort, that's not sustainable - for weight control, that just doesn't work. We all have to find a slower pace that can survive crises, birthdays, vacations, etc.

In your case you say "responsibilities" get in the way. You'll need to prioritize those, and prioritize weight loss and exercise, and then see what you should cut from each. Sometimes the way to delegate responsibility is to realize you can't be responsible for everyone else.

Osric
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I did deligate one responsibility last night. The feeling of relief is feeling good. Now I have to get past the guilty feeling.
  • CutsandCurves
    Options
    I'd say make sure the plan you choose to follow is sustainable. In other words, could you see yourself doing your current plan for life? If the answer is no, it's possibly a little too restrictive for you and your lifestyle. Make sure your calorie deficit is sensible but not too low, allow your body a day to rest in between work-out's and don't burn yourself out. If you are mentally in the right place, the rest will follow :)

Best of luck.

• CutsandCurves
    Options
    My plan has been obtainable. I have to learn to say no.