Not Just About the Scale

Options
This actually happened to me Wendesday, but I'm posting today!

I've been on MFP for six weeks now (this is my second go around), and have lost 8 pounds. I have been slightly discouraged from time to time - two weeks ago I didn't lose anything, and last week I only lost a pound - BUT I remembered it wasn't always about what the scale said.

Four weeks ago I took measurements, telling myself that in four weeks, no matter what the scale had been telling me, I'd measure again. I had been feeling trimmer, so I was excited to see the results! I lost an inch in my waist, almost two in my hips, and some in my thighs. I lost SEVEN inches overall! (This includes each leg and arm as a seperate measurement)

I was EXSTATIC! I still am!! Every time I put on my pants I think "Hell yeah, I'm doing it!"

Replies

• abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you posted this. The scale has not budged for weeks and I was getting to throw in the towel. But I would measure myself and see that the numbers are getting lower. And I see in my clothes definately. It just boggles my brain because people are telling me maybe I am gaining muscle? I don't see muscle...I still see fat. So unless it is in diguise I am not sure what to think these days.

Add me as your friends, love to be.
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Yeah, it's so much more than the number on the scale, although that's a hard concept to accept. Whenever the scale doesn't budge, but I KNOW I've done well, I reach for the skinny jeans. They're always a little closer to fitting.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! The measuring tape truly is one of the best ways to know how you're doing. The best is how you physically feel. :bigsmile:
  • knightwriter2
    Options
    Congratulations! My scale hasn't really budged for about a month, but unfortunately I didn't measure myself in the beginning so now I'm fighting the frustrations. This is a lesson for any new members. Measure yourself in the beginning. Guess I'll start digging out my skinny(er) clothes also to see if I'm losing anything.