Is anyone found Advocare?

Options
2»

Replies

• tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    From what I remember the "plan" includes not eating carbs or dairy. I know, personally, if I eliminated carbs and diary from my diet I would lose weight for sure - I mean I can only eat so many calories worth of protein and veggies...supplements not needed.

most diets are different variations of creating a calorie deficit - however you go about it or whatever helps you personally achieve that (WW, jenny craig, meal replacement shakes, advocare, etc. ) is up to you but there is no magic "plan"
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I struggled for over a year, logging my food, working out, etc. I had lost weight sufficiently using My Fitness Pal back in 2011/2012, but after severe depression and things happening in my life, something just wasn't working the second try. I decided to give Advocare a try after seeing many people in my area and on Facebook having success with it. As soon as I found out I was getting the products, I automatically began eating the way it advised (I had already been logging/eating right with no success) but for a week and a half before actually doing Advocare, I ate exactly how it said to WITHOUT the products. Still no loss. I only had 15-20 pounds to lose, and within 2 weeks of using Advocare products, I had lost 10 pounds. This was in June, and I still have maintained my 12 pound loss without having to continue taking the products (I only use Spark daily). My progress pics are my profile picture. I am not a distributor, nor make any money or profit from saying the products worked for me. But I love Advocare products and am a firm believer in what they do. The meal replacement shakes are disgusting tho, in my opinion. LoL
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a distributer and life style coach. Like you, I've had great success with it and during my 24 day challenge I lost 15lbs. So I decided to buy in for the discount and turns out that people have started noticing my weight loss and asked questions and decided they wanted to try too. It does work and people give a lot of flak about it, but all it is, is vitamins and complete nutrition. I mean the founder of TPN infusion nutrition that has saved billions of people's lives created this product and is completely backed by tons of doctors and professional sports athletes.

With that said, it's not for everyone and people are encouraged to ask their doctors first. My doctor himself uses it so he said absolutely!!!

I back the product up and although I am a distributer when people as me, I am not the one hunting down people. I share about AdvoCare and what it's done for me. That's it.
  • Devol82
    Devol82 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I know someone who does this and it is a lot of pills/shakes/drinks, cost a lot of money and a very restricted diet which you could do on your own. The person I know doesn't get that she lost because of the food restriction not the pills etc.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Their program works great! You spend all your money on pills and powders and you don't have any money left to purchase actual food. Naturally you lose weight. Success!
  • swall0810
    Options
    I eat a compleatly normal diet and always have! I don't restrict anything and eat 1560 calories a day. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but bashing something you have never tried and know absolutely nothing about is absurd.

Not everyone is able to work out (like myself) I had cervical spinal fusion and discs replaced in my neck. So for me the products have helped my metabolism and all around make me feel better. One day when I CAN work out again I will STILL use products because they have helped me in more ways than 1!
  • swall0810
    Options
    No, cause I don't make a living off this. If I did I would have put up a website and have it plastered all over my wall and Facebook yadda yadda.

I just think everyone in here calling it a scheme and so on should do a bit more research or have some backbone in the argument and try it. The blanket statements are old.
    Caitwn wrote: »
    swall0810 wrote: »
    I'm a distributer and life style coach. Like you, I've had great success with it and during my 24 day challenge I lost 15lbs. So I decided to buy in for the discount and turns out that people have started noticing my weight loss and asked questions and decided they wanted to try too. It does work and people give a lot of flak about it, but all it is, is vitamins and complete nutrition. I mean the founder of TPN infusion nutrition that has saved billions of people's lives created this product and is completely backed by tons of doctors and professional sports athletes.

With that said, it's not for everyone and people are encouraged to ask their doctors first. My doctor himself uses it so he said absolutely!!!

I back the product up and although I am a distributer when people as me, I am not the one hunting down people. I share about AdvoCare and what it's done for me. That's it.

This sure looks like a very thinly veiled attempt at making a sales promotion post.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

This sure looks like a very thinly veiled attempt at making a sales promotion post.

Yep, this. You don't need to exercise to lose weight, a calorie deficit is all.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm a distributer and life style coach...

I'm curious - I get the "distributor" part, but what training does Advocare administer that qualifies you to call yourself a "lifestyle coach"? Did you take classes in basic nutrition and/or physiology, or fitness/training? Any behavioral science classes which assist you in helping people develop healthy habits? I'm interested in the level and depth of training an Advocare "coach" undergoes to earn that title. Or is it like BeachBody, where you pay your $39.95 to become a salesperson and you're automatically endowed as a "coach" in an effort to make you appear more credible to the people you're selling to?

I'd think that a "coach" should be able to, at a bare minimum:

1) Educate their customers on appropriate calorie intake and dietary macro composition, taking salient parameters into consideration (age, height/weight, activity level, etc.).

2) Assist their customer in developing the framework of a good meal/eating plan (and that doesn't mean "drink this shake I'm selling, it revs up your metabolism, detoxes your toxinzzz, cures cancer and does all kinds of wonderful things to your body!")

3) Ascertain their customers' goals and limitations and develop an intelligent, appropriate fitness routine - including progression, intensity cycling and deloading as appropriate.

4) Instruct their customers on proper exercise form and safety to avoid/minimize injuries.

If a coach can't do those four simple things, then IMO they don't have the qualifications to be called a "coach". They may be a salesperson or distributor, but they're not a coach.

I have a problem with diet/supplement companies which endow undeserved titles. It diminishes the credibility of actual coaches/trainers, many of who have spent years (and a lot of money) earning their title and reputation. It would be like a person being able to go to a college, pay them a few thousand dollars and have the title of "Doctor/PhD" bestowed upon them without ever having to attend any classes.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I eat a compleatly normal diet and always have! I don't restrict anything and eat 1560 calories a day. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but bashing something you have never tried and know absolutely nothing about is absurd.

Not everyone is able to work out (like myself) I had cervical spinal fusion and discs replaced in my neck. So for me the products have helped my metabolism and all around make me feel better. One day when I CAN work out again I will STILL use products because they have helped me in more ways than 1!

You claim that this product raises metabolism? Any actual science to back this up?
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'm a distributer and life style coach...

I'm curious - I get the "distributor" part, but what training does Advocare administer that qualifies you to call yourself a "lifestyle coach"? Did you take classes in basic nutrition and/or physiology, or fitness/training? Any behavioral science classes which assist you in helping people develop healthy habits? I'm interested in the level and depth of training an Advocare "coach" undergoes to earn that title. Or is it like BeachBody, where you pay your $39.95 to become a salesperson and you're automatically endowed as a "coach" in an effort to make you appear more credible to the people you're selling to?

I'd think that a "coach" should be able to, at a bare minimum:

1) Educate their customers on appropriate calorie intake and dietary macro composition, taking salient parameters into consideration (age, height/weight, activity level, etc.).

2) Assist their customer in developing the framework of a good meal/eating plan (and that doesn't mean "drink this shake I'm selling, it revs up your metabolism, detoxes your toxinzzz, cures cancer and does all kinds of wonderful things to your body!")

3) Ascertain their customers' goals and limitations and develop an intelligent, appropriate fitness routine - including progression, intensity cycling and deloading as appropriate.

4) Instruct their customers on proper exercise form and safety to avoid/minimize injuries.

If a coach can't do those four simple things, then IMO they don't have the qualifications to be called a "coach". They may be a salesperson or distributor, but they're not a coach.

I have a problem with diet/supplement companies which endow undeserved titles. It diminishes the credibility of actual coaches/trainers, many of who have spent years (and a lot of money) earning their title and reputation. It would be like a person being able to go to a college, pay them a few thousand dollars and have the title of "Doctor/PhD" bestowed upon them without ever having to attend any classes.

Nice post.
    Point two is my fav