Breastfeeding Mamas! Let's encourage each other!

Hi ladies! If you are currently breastfeeding and looking for tips/accountability, then please jump in on this discussion. I am almost 5 months pp, and since I am in the National Guard I have GOT to lose this weight. I've made some steps in the right direction...just got a jogging stroller, back on myfitness pal, and hopefully will find my fitbit this afternoon. Any suggestions for reaching goals while still maintaining an adequate supply for my little man (I work full time as well) are much appreciated :smiley: .

Replies

• Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    I'm 5 months pp as well. I'm EBF my daughter and also trying to maintain my milk supply while losing weight. I make sure I'm eating my meals and snacks in between. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Stacyandsilas
    Stacyandsilas Posts: 14 Member
    Hi! I am 9 months postpartum and breastfeeding. It makes me soooo hungry!!!!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    I am 10 weeks PP and EBF, gained about 50 lbs while pregnant and have lost about 32 of it so far, but need to get back down and then some!! Just started back up with exercise (mostly walking at this point though) and really focusing on my diet, trying to find the sweet spot where I can lose weight but still have an adequate supply for my daughter...
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I'm 11 mos pp and I am still going strong. I need to lose weight badly! I initially lost almost 30 but now I'm slowly creeping back up :( I'm hungry all the time!
  • jmmccotter
    jmmccotter Posts: 4 Member
    I am 3.5 months postpartum, and ohhh the hunger, and really the thirst! It blows my mind how much water I have to drink in a day. And I definitely see the weight sticking to me more so than before. It seems like the fat is much more stubborn with breastfeeding. I'll go down a few pounds, and the milk supply plummets and then I'm starving for days to make up for it. When I finally get back to my 151 my body will settle down, but literally no sooner. 150.9 and I'm dying of hunger!
  • mkuckenbaker
    mkuckenbaker Posts: 2 Member
    Finally. I'm sorry you are all going through this but now I can stop beating myself up. I have a 4 month old now and I lost 25/30 within the first few weeks but man I'm still a good 20 away from pre/pregnancy. I'm BF too and feel like this HAS to be the reason it's taking so long. I'm always hungry too. How do you all account for the extra calories with this App? If you take any extra in?
  • rhodachupp
    rhodachupp Posts: 14 Member
    Type in breastfeeding..it will give you an extra 500 calories :)