I'm having trouble loving my body along the journey.

Options
I feel like I just want it to happen in the blink of an eye and that's not possible. I want to love this body and motivate myself but I need some guidance :(

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    79824d530c42b9bc0be36424d1573e26.jpg
    this is a good start in the morning
  • Incredicandy
    Incredicandy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. That definitely helps a lot. And congrats to you non-stop! I've lost over 100 as well but I've hit this major wall. It's an awful feeling being fat and people judging. They naturally assume I eat awful and that I'm lazy when that isn't the case anymore but I don't need to tell strangers who put me down. It just hurts sometimes.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this as well.

I have to actually say to myself, out loud, "ONE pound at a time, ONE pound at a time". It seems ridiculous, but I have to verbally remind myself that I've done 30 lbs already.

Some other things I've done: bought new mascara, took the kids out for a hike, bought a sugar scrub.

It seems dumb, but doing little things for myself proves that I am worth this.

But yes, I think it is common to struggle. This morning I was very positive. Last night I was kind of hard on myself. It takes time to retrain the brain into loving yourself.
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I too want it to happen over night... I mean the struggle is so real why doesn't the weight just fall off right! But I just take it one day at a time and feel accomplished once I've gotten a really good workout in! Good luck you can do it!
  • GrnEyes839
    GrnEyes839 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Take progress pictures. Weekly if it makes you feel better. It will show you progress you wont see by the scale and mirror alone. Documented proof that YOU worked hard.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Instead of looking at a daily weight, weigh yourself once a week and look for a trend. Your weight will fluctuate, but as long as the trend is going down, you're making progress. Also, keep an eye on your clothes. Eventually, they'll be too big and it will be a big surprise when you realize it! That's when I started feeling a lot better about myself, espically when I had to go buy new pants because my old ones wouldn't stay up anymore. XD
  • RunnerDench
    RunnerDench Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All of the above is solid advice. My bit is this -
    No good change ever comes from *kitten*. No good change comes from others' criticism of you.
    Everything good in life comes from love. You need to do it FOR YOU. Try to have compassion for yourself. Treat yourself kindly, and I swear your body will play along. You lost over 100lb?! Wake up every morning and say to yourself that you are a BEAST. Most of the people judging you will have trouble losing an extra 5lb, or adding one more workout a week - you've basically fought a dragon and won. Recognize that everyone is on a journey, and some people work just as hard to gain weight and are equally as frustrated as you are. There is no one struggle that is less worthy of compassion, and if people around you don't get it, move on, make inventory of the good people in your life and cut your losses. That will be the best weight loss ever. You will get there. Ain't no doubt about it. Just have a conversation with your past self, the one with 100 more lbs, and she'll tell you. From this point on, it's just time, and learning to grow a thicker skin and giving yourself some reinforcement instead of absorbing the negativity from your surrounding.

You are strong, beautiful and you can do it.