ladies... 5'4 goal weight?

Options
hello lovelies,

I am 5'4 & have been dieting on here since December 2014. I try my best to be focused, but I slip here and there... lol.

My ultimate goal weight is 120 lbs. I know its low, truly I've never been that light before. I am not very far away from that goal, I have 16 lbs to go.

I'm curious what you goal weights are, bc people look @ me crazy when I tell them mine... :neutral:

Replies

• playspretty
    playspretty Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We have the same goal and I usually dont tell people mine because they think thats too small.. but im 5"3 and I honestly think its the perfect size. I have been there before but I've also been 147 a few years ago. I am now around 127-130. Its hard for me because I don't like to exercise much... walk my dog but thats about it. I eat really healthy most of the time though. Feel free to add me :)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 as well...I'm at 129 and my goal weight is 115...there are lots of people in my family who believe I'm small enough, and I understand the thinking. But I still want to see 115 again!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'4" and 122 pounds. I'm aiming for 118, but may keep going to 115, if I don't have my body fat where I want it. That is my focus, rather than the number on the scale. I have a very small frame, so this is not unreasonable at all.
  • _onebeauty
    _onebeauty Posts: 100 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    omgg.... you guys seriously made me feel so much better!!! I'm glad I'm not being as absurd as everyone treats me... lol!

I'm 5'3 as well...I'm at 129 and my goal weight is 115...there are lots of people in my family who believe I'm small enough, and I understand the thinking. But I still want to see 115 again!
    I agree 100% w/ you here. I don't even tell people I'm on a diet anymore, bc they are like "why??? your already so small". having to explain & argue isn't worth my time, lol!
  • _onebeauty
    edited September 2015
    Options
    We have the same goal and I usually dont tell people mine because they think thats too small.. but im 5"3 and I honestly think its the perfect size. I have been there before but I've also been 147 a few years ago. I am now around 127-130. Its hard for me because I don't like to exercise much... walk my dog but thats about it. I eat really healthy most of the time though. Feel free to add me :)

THIS is my issue!! lol! I dint enjoy exercising! like @ all...

I have been taking up running, but I hate that overtime I go for a run, I have to come home & wash my hair :neutral:

soo I usually just don't... lol! & sadly at the moment I dont have a dog, so I dint even get that exercise! lol!

& you say your 5'3? 120 is absolutely PERFECT for you!!
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    was shooting for 115 but, now going for 120.
    i am small frame, ideal body weight these days for a small frame 5'4"'s is 114-127 last l checked but, 120 is what i remember from back when as being the highest so i am sticking to that number..

• _onebeauty
    Options
    was shooting for 115 but, now going for 120.
    i am small frame, ideal body weight these days for a small frame 5'4"'s is 114-127 last l checked but, 120 is what i remember from back when as being the highest so i am sticking to that number..

YES, we must of looked at the same chart... lol! everyone I have clicked on is slightly different, lol!

I originally planned for 125 lbs, but I hear on here that maintaining is tough... you shld account for +/-5 lbs during the maintenance phase. I don't like that, so I lowered it to 120 lol.

but after seeing all of your goal weights, it makes me think I sold reconsider as I go... If when I reach 120, & I'm content then I'll stop... but if not, I might entertain 115 :neutral:
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" but much older, so my goal weight is 135. But gosh, when I was younger, it was a different story. One thing at my age (63) is that too much weight loss can actually age one.....wrinkles show more, I guess. Anyway, I've lost 8 lbs so far. If I get down to 137ish........I'll be fine with that. I guess my thinking is surely age plays a huge part in what your goal is.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    _onebeauty wrote: »
    hello lovelies,

I am 5'4 & have been dieting on here since December 2014. I try my best to be focused, but I slip here and there... lol.

My ultimate goal weight is 120 lbs. I know its low, truly I've never been that light before. I am not very far away from that goal, I have 16 lbs to go.

I'm curious what you goal weights are, bc people look @ me crazy when I tell them mine... :neutral:

I'm 5'2 and a little shorter than you - I am looking for around 117 ideally. I'm currently hitting 128 (SW - 157)

I might decide to change that once I hit 120 and go into maintenance. It's hard to say until you get there :)

Best of luck!
  • onmyweigh_
    onmyweigh_ Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    TBH, I'm barely 5'4 but my goal is 145. I'm 38 and just feel this would be an attainable and maintainable weight, long-term.
  • _onebeauty
    edited September 2015
    Options
    onmyweigh_ wrote: »
    TBH, I'm barely 5'4 but my goal is 145. I'm 38 and just feel this would be an attainable and maintainable weight, long-term.

sustainability is a huge factor! or sold be at least, in my opinion! lol. thats wonderful if you feel like you WILL be able to sustain/maintain at that weight.

one huge factor is I wold like for my life to stop being an on/off diet, lol.

I want to get where I'd like to be, and still use map to track my calories to MAINTAIN my weight... I never realized this when I was younger, lol. I still think ppl don't realize it now, lol.
  • LouiseBastarache
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at 120 lbs trying for 110. I don't think what your trying to achieve is unreasonable. Good luck
  • shellbelle0210
    shellbelle0210 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Right now I'm at my heaviest weight outside of being pregnant. I have a medium frame so I'm shooting for 125-130