Online food recipes

Options
So with Pinterest and now Instagram blogging healthy food recipes with no nutritional value. How do you enjoy these healthy meals and keep track? Would love suggestions.
Thanks!!!

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder. Input all the ingredients and it'll give you the nutritional info. Also, if I'm curious, I'll do a search to see if a similar recipe is on a site that does provide nutritional info. A little tracking and I usually find the original recipe source.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I use the recipe builder and enter the ingredients myself, that way I have all the nutritional values and the counts are accurate for the measurements and brands of ingredients that I am using.

If you are only cooking for one or two, I know some people enter each ingredient of a recipe into their food diary with the measurements under the meal itself (i.e. Dinner), then save it as a meal. It's a little easier to tweak the amounts that way if it's recipe you use frequently. I haven't tried it for meals when I cook for the whole family, but it would work, you would just have to adjust the math (I find the recipe builder is easier for me in this case because I can just count servings).
  • tkoontz1027
    tkoontz1027 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I use the recipe builder and enter the ingredients myself, that way I have all the nutritional values and the counts are accurate for the measurements and brands of ingredients that I am using.

If you are only cooking for one or two, I know some people enter each ingredient of a recipe into their food diary with the measurements under the meal itself (i.e. Dinner), then save it as a meal. It's a little easier to tweak the amounts that way if it's recipe you use frequently. I haven't tried it for meals when I cook for the whole family, but it would work, you would just have to adjust the math (I find the recipe builder is easier for me in this case because I can just count servings).

Ok. Thanks!! Where do I find the recipe builder? To I have to have a paid membership on here?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Ok. Thanks!! Where do I find the recipe builder? To I have to have a paid membership on here?

Free. Go to your food diary and see this:
    1fxfge89xqsf.png

• linaj1988
    linaj1988 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Google "minimalist baker". She makes beautiful Healthy food with full nutritional info including carbs, fats etc and the number of calories per serve.. There is a free detox guide which actually isn't just juices, it has lunch and dinner recipes that look amazing !