Getting Paid to Workout

Options
So I’m on my journey to weight loss like so many of us here and yesterday at work my truck broke down about 40 minutes from my exit point (I work in an underground mine) . Instead of calling for a ride I walked 40 minutes at a fairly brisk pace worked out to about 350 calories burnt. I was at home that night talking with my wife about what happen when my youngest boy said “hey good for you dad” “you got paid to exercise”…. Ding Ding the bells went off, what a novel idea! So I wondered who else here gets the guilty pleasure of getting paid to exercise at their job? Do you log it as exercise or not. What type of exercise do you do? Think of your work place what can you do to get paid to exercise ?

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Awesome!
    Well I'm an office worker so the only exercise I get is walking to the break room :) I would love to have a more active job.
    As for logging it, no. Make sure your settings take into consideration your active job but don't log it as exercise.
  • IrishMiner76
    IrishMiner76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    Well I'm an office worker so the only exercise I get is walking to the break room :) I would love to have a more active job.
    As for logging it, no. Make sure your settings take into consideration your active job but don't log it as exercise.

An office setting would be hard to exercise at! although I did read somewhere once people replaced their chairs with exercise balls to work on core strength, wouldn't that be a sight !
  • dtwells126
    dtwells126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are a few people in my office who have stability balls in addition to chairs to help with core and posture, it looks strange at first but then you get used to seeing it. My company has a gym on site, so I use my lunch break to workout. Not "getting paid to work out" per say, but works for me. Gives me an hour back at the end of my day i would have spent going to/from the regular gym.
  • Willicus
    Willicus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I work at a small machine shop in the country, and one of my jobs is to burn old skids and dead branches. So once or twice a year I spend a full day dragging all of the wood out behind the shop. It's hot and dirty work, but it makes me feel great! (after a long shower. Haha)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My brother loved that about boot camp. I wished I'd realized it sooner about materials testing... before I carried everything in my right hand hahaha. I was a little unbalanced for a long time.
  • nicjbar73
    nicjbar73 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i have patients who need help with pt. so if they are on a machine or in standing chair i am running in place. gets me 5,000 steps 3x a week! BONUS
  • IrishMiner76
    Options
    dtwells126 wrote: »
    There are a few people in my office who have stability balls in addition to chairs to help with core and posture, it looks strange at first but then you get used to seeing it. My company has a gym on site, so I use my lunch break to workout. Not "getting paid to work out" per say, but works for me. Gives me an hour back at the end of my day i would have spent going to/from the regular gym.

Even giving back an hour to you at the end of your day is a bonus in today's fast pace schedule !
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm a group fitness instructor. I get paid to teach and my job consists of doing the workout to show my students what to do. B)
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Some days I seem to be the 'gopher' at work and am just running from one end of my store to the other. Someone need a price for something? Call me. I log when my running around for the day gets me sweating.
  • IrishMiner76
    Options
    I'm a group fitness instructor. I get paid to teach and my job consists of doing the workout to show my students what to do. B)

Talk about the ultimate paid to workout job lol