friends on myfitnesspal.com

Options
Ok... So does anyone else find it extremely hard to get into the blogs and posts if they dont have many friends on here?! I am not ashamed to say most of my friends and family are NOT trying to be healthy.. but I am and I need a "healthy community of people" around even if is total strangers! :)

Replies

• Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I just go read them. Every now and then I comment on something if I feel I can contribute to it. You can add me though. The more people in our corners the better.
  • MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I read thru them, I have learned a bit being on here. You can add me for support.
  • Sarahrhawaii
    Options
    Hi I am new here and I don't have any friends. :) You can add me. Not sure how it even works lol
  • SheilaMonsterrr
    SheilaMonsterrr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I live with my boyfriend and he's definitely not trying to lose weight so it's kind of, eh, but just being part of this site helps me alot.
  • Windiemich1
    Windiemich1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have a couple of friends, but they never get on.
  • tomthompson1
    tomthompson1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Tom, and I've been cutting back and walking for months, hit a plateau, then began using this app, 8 days in and I've lost 5 pounds, I'm in to WIN!!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi ShereeseMuham

I haven't had a look at your profile, so I don't know how many friends you have on MFP.
    My experience has been that I actually get more support from my MFP friends that come up on my timeline than I do from the open forum or the blogs. Having said that, I like to be actively engaged encouraging my MFP friends and I have an expectation that they're not just collecting friends.
    If you contribute a little to the message boards you'll begin to pick out people who you might find inspiring. Just send them a friend request and take it from there.
    Groups are another avenue for you to find inspiring MFP friends.

One excellent group that I recommend is "Eat-Train-Progress": http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-
    Its very focused and has great information by people who know what they are talking about. You might also find some groups close to you geographically, socially, culturally, or just a bunch of people who share a similar interest to you.
    I wish you all the best.
    And please feel free to add me as a friend.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • richardbao
    Options
    lol ive been using MFP for 2 months now zero friends ,i didnt know that you could communicate with other users here lmao!
    add me ShereeseMuham ul be my first friend lol :)