Is it just me????

Options
So, first month was great! I did awesome! All of a sudden, all motivation and drive is gone. Got a lot on my plate and for whatever reason, keeping a healthy lifestyle seems too much (stupid and weird, I KNOW!!!) is it just me? If I see so many gains, why can I not keep going? Why does it seem hard to keep that same excitement and energy? I am in school, I volunteer, I work and do homework. Has anyone hit the same wall? Any motivating ideas would be awesome! Good luck to you all on your amazing journeys. ;)

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    You don't want it bad enough, and that's ok. Most folks are busy too. It's all about priorities. Maybe take a break and restart when you are really and truly ready to commit.
  • Willicus
    Willicus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The night is blackest before the dawn. Just keep your chin up and you'll be through this rut before you know it, and you'll be glad you never gave up!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Excitement and energy are not things I expect to get out of calorie tracking. This is not a sport it isn't a special occasion it is every day life. Like many things, bathing, sleeping, going to work, taking out the trash. You don't do it because it is fun and exciting, you do it because it is what you do. It's life. It is FOR life.

You might need to take a break and go at a smaller deficit or maintenance for a little bit. There is nothing wrong with that. The tracking part though. You really can't stop. Unless you are okay with putting the weight back on that you worked so hard to lose.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have same issue. I do great then I slide. Work sucks, I get overwhelmed, but this time I refuse to give up and am working hard to get back on track!!!

It's a balancing act and a whole change in lifestyle. Takes time to change.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No. I'll have a bad day if things get tough and I just want to go over my goal and eat ice cream, but I just get back on track the next.
  • alixmp
    alixmp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Willicus wrote: »
    The night is blackest before the dawn. Just keep your chin up and you'll be through this rut before you know it, and you'll be glad you never gave up!

Thanks ;)
  • alixmp
    Options
    fannyfrost wrote: »
    I have same issue. I do great then I slide. Work sucks, I get overwhelmed, but this time I refuse to give up and am working hard to get back on track!!!

It's a balancing act and a whole change in lifestyle. Takes time to change.

Good for you! Way to stick with it!!
  • alixmp
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    No. I'll have a bad day if things get tough and I just want to go over my goal and eat ice cream, but I just get back on track the next.

Nice to know I'm not the only one!! Definitely had a few of those days in a row, but you're right-back on track! Thanks! :);)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    alixmp wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

Nice to know I'm not the only one!! Definitely had a few of those days in a row, but you're right-back on track! Thanks! :);)

It happens. Even though I think I can handle it, sometimes I need a maintenance day. Just don't stop logging!