LOT of weight to lose, looking for support :)

Options

Replies

• CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, my final goal is 50kg (~ 110 lbs), and I also would love more friends on this journey so feel free to add me ... anyone :)
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    everyone can add me I have 204 to loose
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I love new supportive friends. I have at least 73 pounds left to lose. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • georgiamarsh
    Options
    Sent you a request :) good luck!
  • apntx
    apntx Posts: 2
    Options
    that's great. good for you. battling cancer but am overweight so trying to find a balance has been rough. I'll do it though and I know you can too.
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have about 200 lbs. to lose. I'm 328 lb. right now. I'm doing MFP and a group called TOPS, Taking Off Pounds Sensibly.
    Glad to see so many responses.

Michelle in Ohio
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi , I have to lose 120 pounds. So I'm here if you need some support.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    sound advice.

I need to purchase a tape measure - if there is even one big enough!

for now, will still trying to understand fully the site, i feel it will take a while, but I generally end up getting there.

I guess I am all excited because its shiny and new, but yes, if I do my best the reward will ultimately be shifting the weight.

- onwards and upwards!

A standard seamstresses measuring tape was too small to get some of my measurements when I first started:noway: I was more mortified by that than I was by the 360 pounds I saw on the scale! I just added on with string and then measured the string.. Glad I got the measurements because they DO change sometimes even when the scale is stalled for a month:grumble: Also don't forget about before and during and after pics. I often feel no different at all despite a hundred pound weight loss.. when I feel like that I just look at my "before" and most recent "during" pic and I feel my motivation returning.

Edited to add.. After losing my initial 70 pounds I had VSG weight loss surgery. Just wanted to throw that in there since it's an important contributor to my success.
  • Tattx
    Tattx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all I think I need to lose about 150 lbs but that number may change. Every time I think of it, I wanna panic..trying to lose 1/2 of me literally. So I can use all the support I can get. I am on constantly as I log my food before I eat it that way I know the price I am gonna pay for that "little" treat I want before it has to permanently say on my food diary.

Some reason it was easier to quit smoking that lose weight. (maybe cause I walked away from the cigs but food is one of those gotta have to live things?)
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have lost 113 and have another 100+ lbs to lose I am trying to be more active I have an open Diary and do log daily I must warn you though I have had WLS to assist me on my journey (fair warning I do not eat like a normal person) I started at an alarming 400 lbs at 5"2 with bmi of 74! I still have a lot of work to do but feeling better and loving life!! feel free to add me if you like!
  • firnatine633
    firnatine633 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well 3 weeks ago when we had to do our quarterly agility test and I finished breathing hard and feeling dizzy it was at that point I do not want to ever feel that way again. I took along look at myself and got on the scale weighing in at 277 and only 5'-6 I dont need a doctor to tell me that I am well over weight. I am determined to get under 200. I'm really hoping with this site and self-determination I can and will do this.
    FYI as much as I hated to run I found a great app it called C25K. It starts you out slow and by week 3 you will start looking forward to running
  • abheshek
    abheshek Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me anytime!
  • vasp65
    vasp65 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everybody, to all who have a lot of weight to lose I would recommend not to get in radicalisms and set for instances 500 calories below the maintenance needs. Diminish carbs in general, avoid high glycemic carbs like white bread, cookies, etc, and compensate with protein and fat, do light exercise like walking 30 to 60 minutes a day in a fast pace, or the same on an elliptical or treadmill, avoid running for a long time if you’re too heavy, if you can do work-out a little with heights 3 to 4 times a week. And that’s all. Loosing weight and maintain it, is all about changing our life style, eating and exercise routines. At the beginning it is an exercise of discipline and will. Later on it will become a way of living.
  • dniapas
    dniapas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do this.

When I started on MFP, I was 105 pounds overweight and had no idea what to do about it. Up until age 32, it seemed I could get away with eating anything. Even if I happened to gain a few pounds here and there, I was able to drop it in no time and with very little effort.

Then I suffered a medical setback and packed on the pounds, but I had no idea what I was supposed to do. My primary care physician told me, "Eat less, exercise more." In theory it was practical advice, but I didn't know what to do about it.

I started tracking my calories shortly before my 36th birthday and have done so everyday since. I'm down 71 pounds and counting. When I catch myself stalling, I go back and look at my food diary to see what I've been eating or how much water I've been drinking.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to log everything you eat. Log every soda, every cup of coffee, every glass of water. Don't fret if you go over your calorie goals on some days, just make the commitment to get back on track. Good luck to you and feel free to add me if you want.
  • Vivian06703188
    Vivian06703188 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you need to use a ribbon and a sewing tape to get your measurements. Put the ribbon around you and mark it. the run it along the tape measure to get your inches. Or just use the ribbon and cut off the pieces as you shrink and save the pieces in a jar so you can see what you have lost. You can add me as a friend. I have 100 lbs to lose. I didn't have a tape measure when I started so I used a ribbon.
  • maximedeveau
    Options
    I'm in as well. Just new and need to get back in shape
  • becktacular90
    becktacular90 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Measurements are probably important... I think my group leader will probably have some of me, so I will check when I see her on Monday. :)

Thanks for that little tip!
  • Sushifish87
    Options
    I have 96lbs more to lose (only lost a bit right now) so please add me if you'd like!

I'm just trying to eat cleaner most of the time, more protein, less carbs, and less junk. I try to do something daily and have a schedule I follow. I have to make my workouts appointments otherwise I wont do them!

I weigh myself a lot cause well this early in the game you gotta lose weight. I only measure a few key spots once a month since I find measuring incredibly inaccurate and depressing. Plus if you gain muscle mass but don't lose fat in an area it will become larger, it can be depressing. I mainly focus on my body fat % which I got an electronic machine that calculates it off amazon for like $20!

Suggest taking pictures more than anything! I have pictures that I've taken of myself that I will never share with anyone but its helpful for me to see and compare the progress visually.

Also MFP takes the calories you've 'burned' and adds them back in so you 'can eat more' I don't follow this. The calorie burn is not accurate on here (or any site as there are way to many factors involved), I don't want to eat back what I worked to lose, and food intake calories are inaccurate (studies show our ways to calculate them is beyond out dated and wrong). So I try to stay under my calorie limit as much as possible and eat when my body needs it. It takes time but try to learn what your body is asking for, it will only truly ask for food when needed. Listen to your mind not your stomach!
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    wow - thanks for all that - extremely helpful.

you certainly are a lady on a mission

pardon my ignorance, what is VSG surgery?
  • BridgetMoans
    Options
    A standard seamstresses measuring tape was too small to get some of my measurements when I first started I was more mortified by that than I was by the 360 pounds I saw on the scale! I just added on with string and then measured the string.. Glad I got the measurements because they DO change sometimes even when the scale is stalled for a month Also don't forget about before and during and after pics. I often feel no different at all despite a hundred pound weight loss.. when I feel like that I just look at my "before" and most recent "during" pic and I feel my motivation returning.

Edited to add.. After losing my initial 70 pounds I had VSG weight loss surgery. Just wanted to throw that in there since it's an important contributor to my success.

wow - thanks for all that - extremely helpful.

you certainly are a lady on a mission

pardon my ignorance, what is VSG surgery?