Night Shift Nurse Needed

Options
Hi!

I am new to this... and definitely need some motivation . After being a night shift NICU nurse for some time... I find that my eating habits are the absolute worst! So, I am desperately trying to lose weight... Got to move fast when little lives are involved! #nursesrock

Replies

• adtriarios
    adtriarios Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Right there with you! Props to you for rocking that NICU! I'm trying to tweak my time zone settings so that they more accurately reflect my "day" - how do you manage tracking when your days are flipped?
  • adtriarios
    adtriarios Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Update - I'm in NC, work 7p-7a. I wake up around 1600 and sleep around 0830-0900. I try to keep my schedule similar if not the same on my off days. I'm finding that the "America Samoa (GMT -11hrs) works best for my needs. As of right now, it's 0310 here, it's 2010 there, so it lines up well. As long as I eat first meal around 1600 (0900 Samoa time) and my last meal before 0700 , it all tracks as the same day! I would label your meals by time (i.e "1700" instead of "breakfast" to minimize confusion.
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I too work night shift...in the icu. I start my calories for the day at 3pm. I eat dinner with my family before work. Have a snack around 10pm, lunch at 1am, snack around 4am, and a light breakfast when i get home. I just have to remember to go to the previous day to log food i actually eat after midnight. I keep the same way of logging even on my days off. It's working so far, im down 70 pounds in less then 4 months.