Not Really MFP Related

Options
47Jacqueline
47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
OK, how about a thread on stuff you're thinking about that isn't specifically weight relatd, but could have an impact on your life anyay? (I'll see if this works)

Here's mine: I have insomnia. I've been maintaining a 30 lb loss for over 2 years, but I've read not sleeping enough can impact weight loss and actually your wholw longevity. I've increased my sleep by an hour and a half in the last six months, but am nowhere near the 6 1/2 hours they say are needed.

Replies

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    ^Try listening to calming music. I previewed Max Richter's Sleep, and loved it so much that I want it, even if only to wind down to. The secret is that it's an 8-hour classical piece, which is perfect for a whole night's sleep. There's a lot of slow repetition, and a general soothing vibe.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I didn't ask for a solution. I asked what other people were working on. :D
  • Nograce80
    Nograce80 Posts: 8,443 Member
    Options
    OK, how about a thread on stuff you're thinking about that isn't specifically weight relatd, but could have an impact on your life anyay? (I'll see if this works)

Here's mine: I have insomnia. I've been maintaining a 30 lb loss for over 2 years, but I've read not sleeping enough can impact weight loss and actually your wholw longevity. I've increased my sleep by an hour and a half in the last six months, but am nowhere near the 6 1/2 hours they say are needed.

I'm good at 5 hours! lol. I'm working on drinking enough fluids!! Always forget!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Too much focus on physical things and always trying to focus and being a better person - positive, motivational, mentally and spiritually centered. When those align, physical aligns.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to be divisive here, but, as a voter, I'm trying to research/catch up on my knowledge of the GOP/presidential chaos, and am already confused. How's everyone else doing in their efforts to keep it all straight?