Anyone else around 5'2 starting @ around 270lbs

Options
Sassyk35
Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
Hi I'm Kendra I just started on this app last Friday 9/4/15. Would luv some motivation I don't know anyone like me so it would be great if there were someone people to relate to. Luv before & progress or after pics.

I just turned 36 height 5'2 weight 270 lbs. Which is the heaviest I've ever been besides my last pregnancy. I have 3 children daughter Destiny 15, son Noah 12, and baby daughter Anadelia 16 months.

Replies

• Sassyk35
    Options
    No one???? :/
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was just over 300 and I'm 5'4. Now down to 253, most of which I have lost since May. Just turned 32 and have 3 year old twins. Feel free to send me a friend request.
    Here are before and during (about 2 months ago, need another ). I dont see much difference, but clothes fit better.

vm0nv96j9aru.jpg

December 2013 - about 302lbs I started just before Christmas and lasted about 2 months. Lost almost 10kg, then put about half back on between then and May this year.

l1z5s8qzbj00.jpg

July 2015 - about 265lbs
  • lisalaycockhart181
    Options
    Hi sassy I too am the heaviest I've been in six years. I've gained a massive four stones which is a lot for my five foot 1" frame. I could do with a buddy on here if you fancy adding me. I'm off on holiday in two weeks so would like to think I could have started my weigh loss x
  • Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'2 and 304 last I weighed, 37 with two children, work a 30 hour week and teach St John Ambulance cadets so life is pretty full. I've not seen many people on here who are looking at the same journey as I am but I suppose they're out there somewhere. Add me if you wish and I'd be happy to help if I can. Don't always know what I'm doing but we have to figure it out somehow and two heads are better than one.
  • shell_06
    shell_06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like.I started 9/9/15 on this app. Im 5'3 ,age 27 and weight 230lb . This is the heaviest ive ever been. I have a 7month old son name Logan. I want to loose weight so can watch my son grow up. I Have medical issues because if my weight and have PCOS so it makes it hard to loose weight.I need to do something now . I hope I stay motivated.
  • RIStoops77
    RIStoops77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Rachel, I am 37 and I'm a stay at home mom. I am 5'1 and 3/4, I am also at my heaviest and I have PCOS I've been pretty depressed these past couple of months so a friend of mine told me about this app and I started yesterday. I just got really tired of being unhappy and I know my family is tired of seeing my unhappy, but I wanna change all of that. ;-D I'm very excited about my future and I can't wait to start feeling like my old self again. I hope that we can all motivate each other ;)
  • StrawberryDisco
    StrawberryDisco Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height and at around 215-18 lbs. (I don't have a scale right now but that's a pretty accurate guess based on recent weigh-ins). I joined the lose 20 pounds by Christmas group and hope to be under 200 by the end of the year?
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    Cammy_girl wrote: »
    My highest weight was just over 300 and I'm 5'4. Now down to 253, most of which I have lost since May. Just turned 32 and have 3 year old twins. Feel free to send me a friend request.
    Here are before and during (about 2 months ago, need another ). I dont see much difference, but clothes fit better.

vm0nv96j9aru.jpg

December 2013 - about 302lbs I started just before Christmas and lasted about 2 months. Lost almost 10kg, then put about half back on between then and May this year.

l1z5s8qzbj00.jpg

July 2015 - about 265lbs
    I can definitely see a difference your arms, belly, & legs are smaller. Thank you for sharing keep up the great work! ! :smile:
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    Hi sassy I too am the heaviest I've been in six years. I've gained a massive four stones which is a lot for my five foot 1" frame. I could do with a buddy on here if you fancy adding me. I'm off on holiday in two weeks so would like to think I could have started my weigh loss x
    Yes! Definitely that's be buddies :)
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    Elshe1977 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm 5'2 and 304 last I weighed, 37 with two children, work a 30 hour week and teach St John Ambulance cadets so life is pretty full. I've not seen many people on here who are looking at the same journey as I am but I suppose they're out there somewhere. Add me if you wish and I'd be happy to help if I can. Don't always know what I'm doing but we have to figure it out somehow and two heads are better than one.

Yes 2 head ate better than 1 I will add luv to be support buddies
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    shell_06 wrote: »
    You can add me if you like.I started 9/9/15 on this app. Im 5'3 ,age 27 and weight 230lb . This is the heaviest ive ever been. I have a 7month old son name Logan. I want to loose weight so can watch my son grow up. I Have medical issues because if my weight and have PCOS so it makes it hard to loose weight.I need to do something now . I hope I stay motivated.
    Congratulations! ! & I love the name Logan. I too have underline medical issues. Let's be buddies
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    RIStoops77 wrote: »
    My name is Rachel, I am 37 and I'm a stay at home mom. I am 5'1 and 3/4, I am also at my heaviest and I have PCOS I've been pretty depressed these past couple of months so a friend of mine told me about this app and I started yesterday. I just got really tired of being unhappy and I know my family is tired of seeing my unhappy, but I wanna change all of that. ;-D I'm very excited about my future and I can't wait to start feeling like my old self again. I hope that we can all motivate each other ;)
    Yes! We should definitely all friend each other for support. Lol I too am 5'1 & 3/4 I just round up :smile:
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    I'm the same height and at around 215-18 lbs. (I don't have a scale right now but that's a pretty accurate guess based on recent weigh-ins). I joined the lose 20 pounds by Christmas group and hope to be under 200 by the end of the year?
    I would luv to loss 20 by Christmas

• Sassyk35
    Options
    I would like to ask you guys a question if you don't mind.
    So I started my journey last Friday 9/4/15 weighed myself on a scale I had at home which read 270lbs. So I weighed myself again today & it read 266lbs. But my husband and I went to GNC & weighed there because he is over the weight limit of the scale I had. Anyway that scale read 269lbs so we bought a new scale today that goes up to 440 lbs because my husband is 435lbs. And that scale confirmed I am accurately 269lbs.
    So I don't know how to calculate my loss, Do I assume just the numbers are wrong on the old scale? That I did lose but that my accurate start weight would be 273lbs? Idk I hate to feel like I did the work this week not to count it :|
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    Also where is everyone from?
  • Chasady283
    Chasady283 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 25 5'6 and at my highest weight ever 283. I need a drastic break through I'm a single mom of 4 and I need to be around for my kids
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey Kendra! Look, just take the total from the new scale and use it as a loss, for one thing it is a motivator and for the other it has been a few days and you probably did lose if you are keeping under your numbers. You can do this girl! It is hard work, but so worth it, not only for health but for self esteem!

A great motivator for me has been to weigh once a week. For a visual I use a jar of glass marbles marked pounds to lose. It has 100 marbles in it. I have another jar marked pounds destroyed. Each week if I lose I take my marbles and put them into the Pounds Destroyed jar. It is a nice visual for me to see that I am succeeding. Let me tell you, the first time I had to take a marble from the destroyed jar and put it back into the lose jar was a wake up call! I stay on track now!
  • Shandrith
    Shandrith Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not just starting out, but I'm in the height/weight area you are. I'm 37, 5'3.5" /288 atm. Started at 307. I'm from a suburb of Sacramento CA, feel free to add me :)
  • eeede
    eeede Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was almost 270lbs when I started and I'm 5'2 as well.
    My goal is 130 lbs (currently 240).
    Feel free to add me for extra support :)
  • Sassyk35
    Options
    TinyTexn59 wrote: »
    Hey Kendra! Look, just take the total from the new scale and use it as a loss, for one thing it is a motivator and for the other it has been a few days and you probably did lose if you are keeping under your numbers. You can do this girl! It is hard work, but so worth it, not only for health but for self esteem!

A great motivator for me has been to weigh once a week. For a visual I use a jar of glass marbles marked pounds to lose. It has 100 marbles in it. I have another jar marked pounds destroyed. Each week if I lose I take my marbles and put them into the Pounds Destroyed jar. It is a nice visual for me to see that I am succeeding. Let me tell you, the first time I had to take a marble from the destroyed jar and put it back into the lose jar was a wake up call! I stay on track now!
    Great idea thank you :smile: