Which Scale should I go by?

Options
Ok so I've been wondering if my scale might be dying as I get "Err" quite often from it.

In the last 2 weeks I've been to 2 different Dr's appts where their scale was reading less (by 5 lbs today) than my scale. So after the appt I went to see about buying a new scale but all of the ones in store read the same as mine at home.

Should I go by the Dr's or by mine (and the ones in store)?

Replies

• cmichel
    cmichel Posts: 12
    Options
    I had trouble with mine a while back where I was getting inconsistant readings. I bought a new one and found I was off by several pounds. I am pleased with the accuracy of the new one.
  • water4life
    water4life Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would get something that you know the weight of such as a dumbbell. Most of the time these 20lb dumbbells won't set of the scale but it u apply strong pressure with ur foot, and then remove it and place the dumbbell on the scale. This is an easy way to test for accuracy. I did this with my 20lb and it worked fine.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi my scale was off too. I bought a Health O Meter glass top. Kinda scary at first to step on glass I had the fear of two bloody stumps the first couple of times. Mine goes to 400 pds and I don't have to pick the best out of 5 times anymore. But after i bought it I became the proud owner of 4 extra pds that I thought I lost. Very happy with this scale. Joy