Jawbone vs Fitbit

Options
So my son has a Jawbone which he said I can have or I can go buy a Fitbit. Seems like a no brainer but is Fitbit better than Jawbone? If it is I don't mind investing in it. Thanks.

Replies

• amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have a Jawbone and I really like it... I can't compare it to Fitbit since I've never had one but from what I've read the Jawbone is more accurate and the app is better but Fitbit has more social features.
    Also if you track your food here on MFP and sync with the Jawbone app, it will give you food scores so it also encourages healthier eating.

If you're able to, can just try the free one and see how you like it first before making a decision.

Cheers!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have both. Fitbit's customer service is a million times better than Jawbone's. Fitbit challenges with up to 9 of your friends are way more fun than Jawbone's one-on-one duels. UP requires a compatible device, while Fitbit can sync (via a dongle) with a computer.

But I love UP's idle alert. (The Move doesn't have it.) Your band vibrates if you sit still for too long.

MFP has a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

And a Jawbone UP Bracelet group (it was named before the Move was introduced): http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • lulu7498
    lulu7498 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    j1cnkdyet9ag.jpg
    I found what I think is a great deal at Target today! I was set on waiting for a fitbit charge HR from the hubby if I met my goal before my bday in October but did not want to pass this up. I am not as schooled on jawbone though so I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback. I am not planning on opening it until I research it more. My hubby said he would still get me fitbit hr and then use this one but would it be better to just grab another jawbone at this price and call it a win?! Thanks so much for any feedback!!
  • amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    lulu7498 wrote: »
    j1cnkdyet9ag.jpg
    I found what I think is a great deal at Target today! I was set on waiting for a fitbit charge HR from the hubby if I met my goal before my bday in October but did not want to pass this up. I am not as schooled on jawbone though so I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback. I am not planning on opening it until I research it more. My hubby said he would still get me fitbit hr and then use this one but would it be better to just grab another jawbone at this price and call it a win?! Thanks so much for any feedback!!

UP24 is great! If you decide to use it, make sure to download update on your PC, it'll make the battery last 14 days instead of 7.

• alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I was too anxious and went ahead and bought the Fitbit. So far so good but I do have a lot to learn about it.
  • krisfrantzen
    krisfrantzen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just bought the jawbone move really looking forward to the app. I did research like crazy and the app was the selling point for me
  • Speckle38
    Speckle38 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My husband took his Jawbone back 3 times to be replaced, then asked for a refund and got a Fitbit instead. I have a Flex, he has a Charge HR.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    Speckle38 wrote: »
    My husband took his Jawbone back 3 times to be replaced, then asked for a refund and got a Fitbit instead. I have a Flex, he has a Charge HR.
    That's what I bought a charger HR.