what do you do when feeling demotivated?

Options
hi guys! can u help me.. what do u usually do when you feel demotivated in loosing weight.. ?

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I ask myself how I want to feel about myself in a few months time :]
    It tends to get me back on track mentally!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    When I'm demotiavated there are usually other things in life helping that.
    Music, bring on the good mood, remember the reason I'm doing this and knowing I'll feel better when I stay on track.
    Never perfect, but better than I was years ago
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When i feel demotivated i look for motivational quotes, songs and pictures and remind myself why i started in the first place. To be happy with myself and i am not going to be if i don't do something.I tell myself i can do this! If nothing else i will try and do something small that will help towards my goal.
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I made a goals poster for my office wall. When I feel demotivated I take a good hard look at it and I add a couple more items to the poster. Sometimes we need new goals, challenges and sometimes we need a reminder why we started in the first place.
  • mousie1973
    mousie1973 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    TinyTexn59 wrote: »
    I made a goals poster for my office wall. When I feel demotivated I take a good hard look at it and I add a couple more items to the poster. Sometimes we need new goals, challenges and sometimes we need a reminder why we started in the first place.

Oooh I really really like this! I can do a small one of these for my cube at work and a larger for the back of my bedroom door at home!
  • marsinah1
    marsinah1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Pulling up my weight loss graph and seeing that zig-zagging line edging lower and lower helps. Sometimes I'll try on a shirt I used to wear that's too big for me now. I also watch videos of belly dancers like Ava Fleming and Oreet to remind myself that I want to look good in costume should I decide to dance again.
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    5i6uefkqwknp.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures of myself to look at. The shorts the two of them are wearing are an old pair of mine.
  • pamelalabs
    pamelalabs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    nice! great ideas! i jst post a nice toned body in my phone as a wall paper so that everytime i look at it, it'll motivate me to have that kind of body..
  • Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I queue up some big booming bass heavy music, something about a heavy bassline in music just makes me want to move/workout.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I read through some of the Success Stories, or I try on some clothes that I kept as goals—it's so exciting when they fit!
  • Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    About 3 years ago after a health scare, a cardiologist gave me a maximum of 5 years to live. I have that letter stuck on the fridge door, that's my motivation to never give up. Guess what I am trying to say is, life is not a rehearsal, you only get one chance. Remember your body is a temple, look after it. Good luck, you can do this, right!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I usually go out for a walk or read a book. I find upbeat music like techno or dub step helps.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I remember how awful I felt mentally & physically 15 months ago before starting. If I'm not moving forward, I'm headed back to that place. Works every time.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I too use music to get me going. My go to song every morning is Kelly Clarkson's What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger. I also read motivational quotes. For the first time in my life I believe in myself and I know that I am destined for great things.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Music is a big one for me. "Grateful" by Rita Ora is a go-to song for me. I also look at how much more I'm lifting and how much my running times have improved. The scale is not the only measure of all the work you've put in.