Reverse Dieting

So I've been in a caloric deficit for almost a year and 3 months now. I think I'm at a point that I'm happy to maintain (at least until I want to lean out for Spring Break

Replies

• san100088
    san100088 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello, Interesting, do you eat the same things all the time
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Do you see maintaining as reverse dieting?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    You should definitely get into maintenance...you didn't have a break from your deficit in over a year?

Add 100 (or so) daily calories per week until you're at maintenance. Enjoy!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Reenter your goal to maintenance and eat at that.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Good morning all, can someone here explain "reverse dieting"... I'm curious. And Thankyou.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    "Reverse dieting" means progressively adding calories to your diet until you reach your maintenance level. I personally don't care for the term, because it implies that you've been 'on a diet,' and that your 'diet' is now over. But the idea is that once you hit your maintenance weight (or some weight within your maintenance range) you slowly increase your daily calorie intake, typically by 100 each week, until you reach your maintenance calorie level for your target weight/range. It's how many people on MFP transition from losing weight to maintaining weight.
  • mikehardin62
    mikehardin62 Posts: 122 Member
    Ok...thankyou 5stringjeff
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    "Reverse dieting" means progressively adding calories to your diet until you reach your maintenance level. I personally don't care for the term, because it implies that you've been 'on a diet,' and that your 'diet' is now over. But the idea is that once you hit your maintenance weight (or some weight within your maintenance range) you slowly increase your daily calorie intake, typically by 100 each week, until you reach your maintenance calorie level for your target weight/range. It's how many people on MFP transition from losing weight to maintaining weight.

Good to know. Thank you for the explanation!
  • caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Reenter your goal to maintenance and eat at that.

I second that!! Just go for it. Weigh weekly. If you gain for a couple of weeks, reduce by 100 cals and try again. Maintenance cals are maintenance cals, defecit is a defecit - even if you're eating more cals than normal if they're still less than your maintenance you will lose weight..

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    So I've been in a caloric deficit for almost a year and 3 months now. I think I'm at a point that I'm happy to maintain (at least until I want to lean out for Spring Break

Groovy.