Bodybuilding.com Training Plans

Options
Does anyone have any experience with the bodybuilding.com training plans? I have been running regularly (at least 4x a week) and using the weight machines at my gym about 3x a week. I'm looking for something for different, something that tells me exactly what to do & how often to do it since I'm kinda making it up as I go along. I would still consider myself a beginner, and was thinking of their beginner's 30 day plan. Has anyone used their exercise plan and not followed their meal plans? I know I need to eat more protein & less carbs, more fruits / veggies / water. Also, if you're lifting regularly, how do you generally lose weight? I know when I was just running 4/5 days a week, I could drop a pound or 2 in a week, but now I'm running less & lifting more, and the scale isn't moving. In fact it went up this week.

Replies

• amybugfit
    amybugfit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm using the 12 week Leanbody trainer since it also incorporates cardio... it's beginner friendly for sure.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer.html
    I don't follow the meal plan, I just do IIFYM on my own and do fine.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    You don't need less carbs to lose weight...

• tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't use their programs but I've looked at a lot of them and they're solid plans. You don't have to do there meal plans but I would look at the macros of their plans and try and stick around them. BB.com is also good because they have a video database of every lifting move you could imagine so as a beginner you'd be able to watch them perform all the lifts or exercises in the program. I use their free customisable workout logs :)

Good luck with what you choose
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    demo_man wrote: »
    You need a meal plan and excercise plan if you want results in a fraction of the time.

Meal plans aren't necessary... I'm not sure how they'll yield you faster results?

Or is that in combination with a structured lifting program?
  • Lifeonmars2015
    Lifeonmars2015 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i have been there for a while, used their programmes and built a few of my own. find the information on there good, as long as you don't believe all the bro science
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    demo_man wrote: »
    You need a meal plan and excercise plan if you want results in a fraction of the time.

Meal plans aren't necessary... I'm not sure how they'll yield you faster results?

Or is that in combination with a structured lifting program?

I'm going to assume that he means you should have a structured nutrition plan for achieving your goals. It is more productive to have a good idea of what you're going to eat day-to-day rather than just "winging-it." An intelligently structured training program and intelligent nutrition plan should accompany each other for optimal results.
  • MaeRay007
    MaeRay007 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason has a great beginners program on there. It's really in depth and helpful!
  • tank1539
    tank1539 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    i have been there for a while, used their programmes and built a few of my own. find the information on there good, as long as you don't believe all the bro science

Bro science! Hahaha there is a lot on there. And also remember that they will ALWAYS try and sell you supps to help your program along. Now don't get me wrong, I buy all my supps from them but as a beginner all you should even consider would be a protein powder (IMO)
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, there is a lot of "Bro science" and a lot of up-selling of their supplements. I'm not interested in any of that, I don't want to become a fitness model, just be healthier & actually be able to see muscle. I know I need an intelligent meal plan, I just don't necessarily want to follow theirs. I don't "want results in a fraction of the time", I'm fine with slow-going. Just need something to tell me what to do till I learn enough to figure it out myself. I will look over their meal plan, but I know it includes things like homemade protein bars (not interested in even store-bought ones), and I still have to cook for a family as well as myself. I've done the whole cooking 2 meals thing, and I don't have time for that anymore. Nor do I want to again. I've already started changing my diet, I know how to eat healthy, it's just been a matter of ease/convenience/pure laziness on my part. I know this, and I'm changing it. I also know I can't just drastically change everything all at once, it won't stick.
  • CutsandCurves
    CutsandCurves Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    tank1539 wrote: »
    I don't use their programs but I've looked at a lot of them and they're solid plans. You don't have to do there meal plans but I would look at the macros of their plans and try and stick around them. BB.com is also good because they have a video database of every lifting move you could imagine so as a beginner you'd be able to watch them perform all the lifts or exercises in the program. I use their free customisable workout logs :)

Good luck with what you choose

Thank I will definitely check BB