Food Police

Options
I just sat down to enjoy my lunch - a protein and veggie filled salad from our company cafeteria - and it just tasted wrong. So very, very, very horribly wrong. Turns out that they decided to swap out the regular Ranch dressing with some low-fat, low-calorie, low-happiness-and-joy imitation of Ranch dressing without telling anyone. I only found out because I went back and checked the label on the salad bar and instead of the usual 140 calorie/ounces, it said 80 calories/ounce. Ummmmm excuse-me-very-much, but WTH kind of Ranch dressing only has 80 calories/ounce? Apparently a slimy, flavorless, sad, sneaky version.

I hate food police :( Does anyone want to help me with a strongly worded letter to corporate? Or I may stage a protest. Or maybe a rage quit is in order...

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Strip naked, cover yourself in ranch, and stage a sit-in in the corporate lobby.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Strip naked, cover yourself in ranch, and stage a sit-in in the corporate lobby.

Just so I'm clear... which kind of ranch?
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ranch is horrific if you are trying to lose weight.
    almost like eating melted butter.

I eat ranch and melted butter and lose a pound a week (so far). It can be done! It's actually pretty easy.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

Only if you eat too much of either. I'm not giving up my butter.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Neither Ranch or melted butter will stop you losing weight unless you're over your calories.

OP i think you need to fill a Super Soaker with crappy Ranch and go on a rampage in the offices of upper management.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    What?

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I just sat down to enjoy my lunch - a protein and veggie filled salad from our company cafeteria - and it just tasted wrong. So very, very, very horribly wrong. Turns out that they decided to swap out the regular Ranch dressing with some low-fat, low-calorie, low-happiness-and-joy imitation of Ranch dressing without telling anyone. I only found out because I went back and checked the label on the salad bar and instead of the usual 140 calorie/ounces, it said 80 calories/ounce. Ummmmm excuse-me-very-much, but WTH kind of Ranch dressing only has 80 calories/ounce? Apparently a slimy, flavorless, sad, sneaky version.

I hate food police :( Does anyone want to help me with a strongly worded letter to corporate? Or I may stage a protest. Or maybe a rage quit is in order...

I detest low cal Ranch dressing too but if they labeled it right on the salad bar then it wasn't exactly a sneaky switch. That is kind of the opposite of sneaky.
    Maybe someone else at your company hassled and raged at them for months for not having low cal dressing so they got the nastiest they could find as payback.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

Speaking of food police...

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I tried Ken's fat-free italian when I was first getting in to the calorie cutting biz. Tasted like sour *kitten* (of course it did. Italian dressing is supposed to be made with oil. What do you use to substitute oil that's fat free? *kitten*. That's what.). The low-fat ranch they use in our cafeteria isn't half bad.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

LOL :D
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »

Only if you eat too much of either. I'm not giving up my butter.

Yeah don't even get me started on butter. You would have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I eat ranch and butter too. Gotta be satisfied!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I eat. . . .wait for it...buttermilkranch. . . ..true story.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    OP, can you just ask the cafeteria manager if they can get the old ranch back?
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Why can't they have both? Is there a ranch dressing quota that they have to meet?

All else fails, bring your own!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    they put the salad out dressed? so it can get soggy and gross?