Why~~~!!!!?

Generally everything Healthy is sweet. I'm not exactly a sweet person.

I like salty things!!!!!! but it seems like everything healthy is sweet, fruits are sweet, protein bars, all those healthy products are alll sweet!

can anyone suggest some healthy salty tasting products?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Vegetables, meats..
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    I definitely understand your frustration. I'm a savory girl myself.. What's your definition of "healthy"?
  • awie11
    awie11 Posts: 44
    Air Popped Popcorn with a little sea salt and no butter.
    Also Clif makes a "Trail Mix Bar" called Mojo and most of them are quite salty.
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 447 Member
    nuts ~ Love them but can't eat them!
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    nuts, seeds, beans
  • swbabe33
    swbabe33 Posts: 21 Member
    Trader Joe's sells this a salty seaweed snack that tastes salty to me.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    If you sprinkle lime juice on things it makes them taste salty. A little trick I learn for adding salty taste w/ out the sodium being added :smile:

My fav is Celery w/ lime juice

I add it to soups to up the salty taste
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Generally everything Healthy is sweet.
    Only if you hate fat. Veggies, meat, cheese, nuts, etc...all healthy.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Yeah there are pretty much no "bars" that I buy because they are just too sweet for me.

It's a little more time consuming but, I buy things like Trader Joe's Rice crackers flavored with soy sauce (110 cal for 35), Trader Joe's Inner Peas (Dried sweet pea pods), and other small low calorie snacks then immediately put them into 100 calorie sandwich baggies when I get home. This way, I can grab one on my way out of the house easily.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    I have had the seaweed chips! yummy! Try the lime juice you will be surprised!
  • artsycella
    artsycella Posts: 121 Member
    Rice cakes! I love Lundren rice cakes. One of my favorites is the Koku Seaweed flavor. Also, it may seem obvious, but crackers can be delicious. Also hummus.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Ridiculous....
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    There are a lot of surprisingly high sodium (for the calories) veggies out there. A couple of examples are celery and beet greens.

I find most bars sickeningly sweet and have recently found some that are lower in sugar. Larabar Uber has some flavors that might be worth a try. The Cherry Cobbler one still has a slight tang from the cherries. Kind Nuts and Spices Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt is definitely on the salty side (taste-wise, ratio to calories is not bad) and there are some other Kind Plus bars that are lower in sugar.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Nuts
    Carrots dipped in houmous
    popcorn with seasoning
    savoury rice cakes
    rice crackers
    seaweed

and these
    Roasted chickpeas.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/30368-spicy-oven-roasted-chickpeas
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Nuts are salty. You can get sea salt crackers. Tostito's chips really don't have a high sodium content but are salty tasting. I love this chicken recipe. I think it's so flavorful with the spices that I omit the salt. I also omit the butter because I think using the EVOO is plenty to cook with. Serve it with veggies, my kids love it with pasta and homemade alfredo sauce or you can add it to a salad.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-Garlic-Lime-Chicken/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=garlic lime chicken&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    cheese, nuts, meat, veggies, legumes, etc.

Lots and lots of things aren't sweet.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    um
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Popcorn they also make sweet and salty bars I think slim fast maybe?
  • Christina8585
    Christina8585 Posts: 73 Member
    apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar, Also try gherkins pickles. They are salty and satisfying.
    I try to stay away from salty because it tends to make me crave more. I'm a sweet tooth gal...
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    um