Periods & losing weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I stopped getting my period when my deficit got too big. It came back when I started eating around maintenance again.

If you're really eating 1250 with your size and not eating exercise calories back, well that's probably why. Your body is trying hard to keep everything working on so little calories and doesn't have calories to spare on your cycle.
  • Steura
    Steura Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You guys are right. I'm actually good with consuming 1250 cal but I will bump it up to 1400 just to be in the safe side. BTW I got to see a doctor yesterday and my period literally started as u was taking a pregnancy test ( tmi) I'm not pregnant but the doctor said it my new diet could be a factor. Thank you all for the great advice
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I stopped getting my period when my deficit got too big. It came back when I started eating around maintenance again.

If you're really eating 1250 with your size and not eating exercise calories back, well that's probably why. Your body is trying hard to keep everything working on so little calories and doesn't have calories to spare on your cycle.

@staura10 - I agree that you are likely not eating enough.