Screwed up how do I fix it?

Options
okay I ate at red robin knew it was bad didn't care at the time. I know it and now wanna kick myself. It is my fault I know ! I ate 400 cal over today. Can I even fix this? Like eat less tomorrow? All lettuce I suppose lol. Help

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. There is no bad and there's nothing to fix.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You log it, and you move on. Resume your normal schedule tomorrow.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Eh? It's 400 calories on one day. Forget about it and move on.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    400 calories, that's it? You probably didn't even hit maintenance, so don't even give it another thought.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    400 over your deficit goal or 400 over maintenance? Either way, it's not big deal. Move on, maybe stay at the lower end tomorrow, but don't starve yourself.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Jumping rope for 30 minutes burns around 400 cals.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Depending on what your deficit is, it's likely that the 400 won't put you into a surplus. It may cause some water weight from the sodium, but you won't be gaining fat from it.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Exercise! Jumping rope for 30 minutes burns around 400 cals.

That's a lot of jump roping. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I'm trying to figure out if I could actually go 30 minutes with sustained, consistent jump roping.

But OP I agree that you should just move on. Nothing to feel bad about.
  • karenrn799
    karenrn799 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    400 over deficit goal. Thanks for the jump rope thought but I am not that active yet. See I said yet right now just trying to figure out the food part. Thank y
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope was just a random suggestion. Pick an exercise, pick any exercise... They all burn SOME calories. If you really want to "fix it" that's how you do it. If not, then just log it and move on, as others have suggested. :)
  • karenrn799
    karenrn799 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe I will go walking ! That might help
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    depending on the size of your deficit, you're likely still in a deficit position...your calorie target isn't maintenance. beyond that, in the bigger picture, it's pretty irrelevant don't you think? move on.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The sky wont fall in. As they all said log it and move on. All thats happened is you ate a bit more food and it will have reduced your deficit for the day. If you are stull at deficit then your rate of loss in a small way will slow down. Depending on what your deficit is, then it might mean in theory you hit target a day later. Dont let tiny things distract you.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You had a bad day. Just don't have two in a row...three... :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it is one day and it is not necessary to panic or feel bad. just do better the next day.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Log it and move on. There is no bad and there's nothing to fix.

This!
  • jswede1149
    jswede1149 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would be more concerned why you ate knowing you would go over your calories and did not care. I am not judging you. It is just we can head backwards if we do not look at what got us to the need to lose in the first place. I went over 900 calories the other day because I did not realize my lack of exercise would drop my allowed calories so much. I know better now.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Jumping in with the "log it and move on" crowd. Maybe drink a little extra water too, since eating out can sometimes cause a little bloat due to the extra sodium (especially if you haven't eaten out in a while).

I would recommend their freckled fruit salad next time as an alternative to fries as a possible way to cut a few cals your next time out. I know their fries are awesome, but I love that fruit salad too. Gah - now I want strawberries.
  • mlaccs
    mlaccs Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Log it as "hiding" is the very worse thng and if it bothers you then go for a walk or run or swim or or or ..... Problem solved.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    People don't get overweight by eating SOMETIMES 400 calories over maintenance level.

People get overweight because they regular eat Surplus over their maintenance

Now you ate 400 calorie above your allowed calories here on MFP?
    Than you only made your deficit smaller for that day....log it and the next day better
    You will or can lose this week/month just a little less that's all

And if you ate i really surplus..so above your maintenance level...pretty much the same story. You lose a bit less

The whole trick is back on track and moderation again...that's all. Don't stress over it we all eat more ones in a while that is life. As long it isn't a habit than there is no problem at all