What to eat with a poached egg?

Options

Replies

• rnett0205
    rnett0205 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like them with sautéd (in veggie stock) black beans, quinoa, onions and mushrooms sometimes I throw in a slice or 2 of avacado
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Corned Beef Hash.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I frequently eat a Mediterranean Farms spicy black bean burger topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg. So delicious.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I love a poached egg over anything with tomato sauce. The combination is fabulous and the runny yolk makes the spaghetti sauce so creamy. I have spaghetti squash mixed with sautéed onions and mushrooms and light spaghetti sauce in the fridge now. I think I'll top it with a poached egg for dinner tonight. :smile:
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I fry a slice or two of bacon and then stir fry a little onion along with a cup and half or so of coleslaw mix. Once that's done I crumble the bacon over it and then have the egg on top using the runny yolk as a sauce.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Try poaching the egg by putting it in a soup bowl with some chopped spinach. Pour in some boiling good quality stock. Let it sit for a few minutes so the egg sets and the spinach wilts. Instant an d delicious soup. When the yolk breaks and thickens the stock, it is amazing.
  • jennamy82
    jennamy82 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love poached eggs with avocado & cottage cheese!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    your favourite bread toasted , with cracked pepper and a dash of yorkshire relish
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »
    your favourite bread toasted , with cracked pepper and a dash of yorkshire relish

What's Yorkshire relish?
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with rice, veggies, and hot sauce.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    A favourite of ours: Steamed or roasted beets, a few steamed green beans, lots of cherry tomato halves, a few blobs of mild goat cheese, a tiny bit of chopped bacon, poached egg and a wee drizzle of truffle oil. You will all thank me!
  • TinyTexn59
    TinyTexn59 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Poached egg over a tossed salad for lunch. The yolk makes the salad taste so good! I also love to take a roasted baked sweet potato hash with peppers, onions, etc. and top with a poached egg for dinner.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a poached egg, on a toasted English muffin, topped with a couple of shaved pieces of parmesan cheese and chia seeds. Sometimes I have a piece of Canadian bacon too.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love the idea someone posted of putting it on a veggie burger!! I eat my eggs over lightly toasted Ezekiel bread (in frozen foods at groc store). Then I don't have as much carb guilt and the yolk makes the toast yummy w/ out needing butter!
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    finny11122 wrote: »

What's Yorkshire relish?

gz7eb3qpr24h.jpg
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    my friend likes to serve hers over spiralized beets,or really any other spirilized veggies too.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    Great ideas everyone! Thanks!

Does anyone know if eggs would be good over some cheesy bacon grits?

As a southern girl who loves her bacon, eggs, cheese, and grits, YES!! That's one of my favorite breakfasts, I don't get to have it much except on a non-busy weekend because I'm always on the go nowadays.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    SO many super yummy ideas here! Can't wait to try them!