Keto

Options
13»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    The "Keto flu" can be 100% prevented by getting enough sodium while you're losing the initial water weight. I never had a day of any "flu like", low electrolyte symptom. Most people don't get enough because they don't understand how much is really lost during this time and needs to be replaced.
    How long it takes to become fat adapted depends on how aggressively you cut out carbs and that you stay consistent during that time. Many people will do some kind of fasting to get things going. I didn't, it's really up to you. Just know that 50g total or less is considered ketogenic. But that doesn't mean that more than that wouldn't have you producing ketones.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Never because no cheese cake.

Says who? I follow Keto and when I want cheesecake, I eat cheesecake!
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options

Keto cheesecake is a thing.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I wouldn't even pay attention to them unless you have to for medical reasons.
    Eat at your calorie deficit, you'll lose weight!

Ok thanks, I'll try that. I think I'm getting a little too obsessed with the carb number

Don't beat yourself up - it's very easy to get fixated on one particular idea but it's really about finding what's right for you. The low carb option didn't work for me AT ALL - and now 60% of my daily calories are in fact, carbs and I love it and I lose weight! :]

Awesome! Low carb isn't for everyone for sure. I upped mine to 100 carbs so hopefully that should help with being so tired and foggy.

Good to see! Well done for being open to changing your mind. That shows intelligence.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

Awesome! Low carb isn't for everyone for sure. I upped mine to 100 carbs so hopefully that should help with being so tired and foggy.

Good to see! Well done for being open to changing your mind. That shows intelligence.

Agreed! Each person's body is a little different so tweaking a way of eating that suits one's needs is the best thing you can do.
  • mrsroddy1228
    mrsroddy1228 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I wouldn't even pay attention to them unless you have to for medical reasons.

Ok thanks, I'll try that. I think I'm getting a little too obsessed with the carb number

Don't beat yourself up - it's very easy to get fixated on one particular idea but it's really about finding what's right for you. The low carb option didn't work for me AT ALL - and now 60% of my daily calories are in fact, carbs and I love it and I lose weight! :]

Thank you!! I just wanna do what is best for me instead of trying to follow fads ;)
  • mrsroddy1228
    mrsroddy1228 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

Agreed! Each person's body is a little different so tweaking a way of eating that suits one's needs is the best thing you can do.

Thanks! You're totally right!
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    umayster wrote: »

Keto cheesecake is a thing.

Keto cheesecake is fantastic!

Thank you!! I just wanna do what is best for me instead of trying to follow fads ;)

The ketogenic diet has been around for nearly 100 years and is most def not a "fad".
    IMO those that say "it didn't work for me" never entered into ketosis and gave up too fast. If they didnnt do it for 60-90 days then they didnt do keto.
    With that being said unless you have insulin resistance or problems all you "need" to lose fat is a calorie deficit.