Embarrassing reasons why I want to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Omg I so relate wit 1 and 5 and the daycare one except its neighborhood kids:)

You will get there! Just keep at it.
    my hips don't touch the sides anymore:)

Hers my embarrassing list:

1.) So I don't have to be the fat mom
    2.) So I can chase and play with my kids without sweating like a pig and breathing like I can't breathe
    3.) To outrun my kids (accomplished!)
    4.) To buy classy clothes in a normal size (almost)
    5.) To run a 5k (accomplished)
    6.) To make my mom proud (accomplished)
    7.) To wear a bikini without a roll or rolls
    8.) To have what I never have had a flat belly
    9.) To lose my title "big momma"
    10.) So I don't have bellyhang, clapping skin, or sores from heat
    11.) To feel proud of my body (getting there)
    12.) To feel like a sexy biotch
    13.) To wear sexy lacy things without them disappearing into fat folds
    14.) To have a sexy back
    15.) To lose the jiggle when I walk (improved alot)
    16.) To feel beautiful
    17.) Self confidence
    18.) No more thigh rub
    19.) To not have the car sink when I get in it (much improved)
    20.) To be a role model to my children, you can do whatever you set your mind to!

I have accomplished so much now! I can have my babies wrap their arms around me in a hug, I can have a towel go all the way around me without a gap, clothes that were tight look loose or how they are actually supposed to look, thigh spread when I sit is nearly gone, I can outwalk and outrun my kids!
  • sfinsc
    sfinsc Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are so very brave and honest. I think you already have the qualities you need to get to your healthy weight. I'm sorry you've had to deal with people's meanness and with feeling embarrassed for being in your body. I'm rooting for you! Sent you a friend request.
  • missaj086
    missaj086 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

You will get there! Just keep at it.
    my hips don't touch the sides anymore:)

Hers my embarrassing list:

1.) So I don't have to be the fat mom
    2.) So I can chase and play with my kids without sweating like a pig and breathing like I can't breathe
    3.) To outrun my kids (accomplished!)
    4.) To buy classy clothes in a normal size (almost)
    5.) To run a 5k (accomplished)
    6.) To make my mom proud (accomplished)
    7.) To wear a bikini without a roll or rolls
    8.) To have what I never have had a flat belly
    9.) To lose my title "big momma"
    10.) So I don't have bellyhang, clapping skin, or sores from heat
    11.) To feel proud of my body (getting there)
    12.) To feel like a sexy biotch
    13.) To wear sexy lacy things without them disappearing into fat folds
    14.) To have a sexy back
    15.) To lose the jiggle when I walk (improved alot)
    16.) To feel beautiful
    17.) Self confidence
    18.) No more thigh rub
    19.) To not have the car sink when I get in it (much improved)
    20.) To be a role model to my children, you can do whatever you set your mind to!
    /quote]

Thankyou knowing I'm not the only one makes me feel so much better. Since writing my original post I have thought have so many more reasons you named most of them. Knowing I'm not the only one makes me feel so much better about myself as there are people who truly understand how I am feeling and how hard this is.
  • missaj086
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    Forget about the gym.

I enjoy going to the gym and it keeps me motivated otherwise I sit on my *kitten* doing nothing. It's what works for me. Plus I like being able to beat up my tiny little trainer when we do boxing sessions lol. I'm not very good at working out at home as I always have so much work to do between being a mum running a household and studying I find if I book in a session at the gym with my trainer it helps to reduce my stress, It helps manage my depression and anxiety.

If I had the discipline to do it on my own I would as I would save a fortune, but for now this is what works for me :)
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    To go to an event that includes a t-shirt and not worry about whether they will have one big enough to fit me.
    To do anything that requires putting on clothing that they provide and not worry about whether they have something hat will fit me.
    To not have to tell people that I won't get on their horse because I am too heavy to ride it.
    To be able to be comfortable in stadium/theater seats
    To be able to buy a gi that fits without needing a lot of expensive tailoring.
  • missaj086
    Options
    update - I have lost 10.7 kilos I am so glad I posted this because it motivated me to work harder. I am right on target for my goals, I have 3 and a half weeks to lose 1.3 kilos to stay on track for my new years goal, I am so excited, I have been able to buy clothes 3 sizes smaller than I have been wearing for the past few years
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. You are an inspiration to me!
  • Christina3014
    Christina3014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just came across this post, a few months late. But I'd like to say (with hugs!), please don't feel embarrassed by your reasons. They are all deep rooted, true to you, valid reasons. A few I can relate to, like many others. For some reason your post brought both tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. I guess because I can read your sense of inner strength in your words. You got this!!!
  • Marissachapasko
    Marissachapasko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Those were wonderful and you aren't alone with your reasons, thanks for sharing
  • michimcelroy
    michimcelroy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have to say....I absolutely love your post! I feel the same way. I have had people asked me about when the baby is due and I have never even had children. I have dealt with my thighs rubbing against each other and not completely fitting into bathroom stalls. I have struggled with children at my work calling me "fat *kitten*." It is the worst. There are so many other issues, just too many to count. I want to stay motivated now, but it has been difficult, but I want to change for the better and become healthier.
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! Its very inspirational! Keep up the great work! And the updates! And keep going to the gym, it gets easier once its a habit. Keeping your stress levels and mental health in good shape is just as important as being physically healthy!
  • missaj086
    Options
    I wish I could say I was still on track. Unfortunately I got sick after Christmas for 2 months and fell off the wagon struggling to stay motivated now but afyer reading all the replies it has reminded me why I am doing this. Hoping to start fresh again in the morning with a positive outlook. Yesterday I had a terrible thought. I told myself who cares if I look fat in what I was wearing to just accept it and give up. Omg how depressing. I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I CAN AND I WILL DO THIS AND SUCCEED BECAUSE I WANT THIS!!!! (Trying to convince myself there lol fake it till I make it I guess) thankyou all for your support
  • Genetico
    Genetico Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    missaj086 wrote: »
    I wish I could say I was still on track. Unfortunately I got sick after Christmas for 2 months and fell off the wagon struggling to stay motivated now but afyer reading all the replies it has reminded me why I am doing this. Hoping to start fresh again in the morning with a positive outlook. Yesterday I had a terrible thought. I told myself who cares if I look fat in what I was wearing to just accept it and give up. Omg how depressing. I WILL NOT GIVE UP. I CAN AND I WILL DO THIS AND SUCCEED BECAUSE I WANT THIS!!!! (Trying to convince myself there lol fake it till I make it I guess) thankyou all for your support
    Nobody cares, but you are doing this for yourself as your original post suggests. See how many ppl relate to you and take inspiration. The trick is to get up and going as if you never fell off. Keep on, fellow traveler.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You have said what a lot of people feel. All of them hit home for me but #5 really did. I have always said this. I am already big I don't want a flower shop going down my butt and legs or across my chest. So you are telling me you can't make the same cute stuff for plus that you make for juniors. Hog wash!
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Keep on going! You can tell that you were feeling pretty great about your progress when you creared this post. The hard part about a "diet" is that after a while.it just gets boring. Get your sparkle back and keep up the healthy lifestyle habits.

P.s. I loved your list. Yes. Yes. And yes to all of it. And I'm not going to lie - it felt AWESOME when I took my kids to Craig cruisers and not only was I able to get in and out of the go.karts, but the seat belt fit no problem and my hips weren't squeezed in like sardines. :smile: :smiley::smiley:
  • debhurley196994
    debhurley196994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    To not have to tuck my belly into my pants- this is the worst and I can't believe I got to this point!
  • MeltingCookieMonster
    Options
    You can do it !!! It takes time but you will reach your goal and the day you reach it go to this post again and check all the list. Have a nice day my friend :)