SSRI meds

Options
so I have been on anti-depressants that's been making me gain weight over time and I haven't needed the meds at all an realizing I gained almost 10 pounds it's driving me up the wall. The amount of excercise and proper diet is making it hard for me to stay consistent and it's rough is There anybody else who is on Anti-depressant who is experiencing the same issue? Even being off the meds the weight still won't come off:

Replies

• j_doebrick
    j_doebrick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Growing up I was about 120-130lbs I was small. At 21 I went on anti depressants for about 2 years and by the time I was done I was at one time max 200lbs. I'm now 29 and last year around November I had decided enough was enough and I'm now down to a lean 170lbs. It has taken a lot of supplements, diet and exercise to get here. I've lost 20 lbs this way and still trying to cut up some.
  • ikim1988
    ikim1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo!!! Good for you girl! I started to take them couple of months ago and I stopped because I gained 10 extra pounds and my cloths would not fit any more. And I think meds have not worn off yet. Cause I am still struggling here go Lose the weight. I had no problem last year with weight this year I don't know what happened. Its frustrating. But good for you girl!!!