How to stay motivated in recovery

Options
I had been dealing w an eating disorder within the last year. I been finally been able to start eating again wo having sesory issues nor starve. What can I do in your prospective to want to stay healthy. Not worry about what others thinks about my weight.

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Do you have an ED team still helping you? Life is too short to care what others think, you have to make you happy.
  • letsdieyoung
    letsdieyoung Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with a lot of the same things. The last 3 years I've battled with Ednos, my doctor and I have now deemed it fit that I am responsible enough to gain weight on my own. I just need to know how to stay on track?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm dealing with a lot of the same things. The last 3 years I've battled with Ednos, my doctor and I have now deemed it fit that I am responsible enough to gain weight on my own. I just need to know how to stay on track?

If you don't feel able to 'stay on track' you need to be telling your doctor, not us.
  • FrejaHetty19
    FrejaHetty19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @SineadOakley @letsdieyoung just remember that what you're doing is for your own health and happiness. I too suffered from multiple EDs actually up until just before last Christmas - unlike you both, I used to use this app for harm and not for good (which I salute you for!).

Personally, I had to change not just my diet but my whole way of life and mind. I'm not sure what to say to you guys advice-wise, but what I can tell you is that in the end, it's all so worth it. By eating normally - and I stress, healthily - you WON'T put on a truck load of unwanted weight, you WON'T feel like a stranger in your own body (my biggest fears when I was in recovery). What you will gain back is freedom of mind and love and acceptance of your bodies. If you can persevere and carry on through all the hardship guys, I promise you'll thank yourselves.

Best of luck to you both! X
  • letsdieyoung
    Options
    @TavistockToad
    I do believe I can stay committed but having a few tips here and there never hurt, I do believe I can and will get better with my eating and weight gain. Anyway I have discussed with my doctor about my concerns prior to even posting my comment, he said like I will say no. Everyone recovering will have doubts at first.
  • letsdieyoung
    Options
    @FrejaHetty19
    Thank you so much for the kind words it helps so much! I'm glad you're on your way to recovering as well, I wish you the best of luck.
  • FrejaHetty19
    FrejaHetty19 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @letsdieyoung
    It's no problem at all my love, thank you very much!