Heart rate monitors?

Options
I want one but have no idea where to start... I think I want one with a pedometer and a calorie counter. Do you have any suggestions on brands or best places to buy?

Replies

• michellechawner
    Options
    Heat rate monitors don't count steps, only calories burned when wearing it while exercising.

Unless you want a pedometer, then I suggest FitBit (One), as I love mine (calories burned, flights of stairs, steps, distance, and sleep tracking.)

I bought mine off FitBit.com.

Since I don't use a heart rate monitor, hopefully someone else can help you with that.
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My question exactly.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have an Under Armor Armor 39. I use it and my Fitbit. The Armor39 to get my burn during exercise, the Fitbit to get my Movement through-out the day.
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    I have used a polar ft4 for the last 3 years and I absolutely love it :)
  • HisKathy
    HisKathy Posts: 34
    Options
    I use my fitbit one to monitor daily activity/steps and my Polar FT4 for my workouts.
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 and I LOVE it!!! It does not count steps though. It's just a HRM with a chest strap (that is way more comfy than I thought it would be). It tracks heart rate and estimates calories burned based on personal data you enter. It tells you your target zone and records how much time during your workout you spent "in the zone".

I'm new to all of this too, but I reviewed and researched online, and talked to friends and chose the FT4. I've been using it everyday for a month and I'm happy with it.
  • jbc43221
    jbc43221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I use a Fitbit flex - but any of the three styles are great - I love that it syncs with MFP. As to Heart Rate Monitors, I found a Scorcese on Amazon for under 30.00 - it links with the smartphone by bluetooth. It is advertised for I-Phone, but it does work with some androids - I have the Galaxy 3. - The Digifit app will handle the communications with the HRM, and the Digifit website will also sync with Fitbit/MFP.
  • sugaree1202
    sugaree1202 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Health-Digital-Pedometer-Heart/dp/B003JRA3M6/ref=sr_1_36?ie=UTF8&qid=1371865083&sr=8-36&keywords=heart+rate+monitor+polar

This one is an HRM/pedometer but I don't have any experience with the brand. Most devices count steps or have an HRM, not both. I have a MIO Drive Petite HRM that works great. I found an eBay vendor that sells them for $30 or less (they retail for $80+). It doesn't sync with anything but it is accurate as I test it against my heart rate frequently and it's always within 3bpm accuracy.

Good luck!
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Like the others said, you're looking for 2 different things.

I use a Polar FT40 HRM and a FitBit One for daily monitoring. #winwin