Days off are rough, anyone else?

2»

Replies

• OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Days off are better for me because I have more time to exercise.

Hint... hint... ;)
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    bcalvanese wrote: »

Hint... hint... ;)

Ugghh..least favorite word that starts with an E...
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member

Hint... hint... ;)

That could be a problem. Get away from the @#%$# screen.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I find Saturdays difficult, but I think it's more because I usually have an intense pt session Friday afternoons and I haven't figured out how to log it to eat back some calories.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    I don't have days off, having 2 kids and a husband, so it's all the same to me. My work days (I work from home remotely) are a bit easier but I maintain my meal plan normally. The weekends are actually more difficult because I have to handle more people in the house (not at work, not at school) but at the same time we're more often out of the house and doing activities.

My suggestion to you is the same as everyone else - get up and away from your computer and out of the house - create a to-do list and keep to it on the weekends, make eating something you have to do and not something you do to pass the time.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Today is one of my days off. I was sedentary most of the morning, then went for a walk to the store and the bank and logged about 6k steps. Went horseback riding and to the farmers market and by the time I came home got to 19,500 steps. My calorie allowance for today is just about the same as what it was for yesterday when I worked all day and then went to the dojo for 2 hours of training.

Days off don't have to be that hard. But it is up to you what you do with them. Nobody forces you to sit in front of the tv/computer all day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I love the weekends because I have more time to exercise, which I get by doing things I enjoy, like gardening, hiking, swimming, and yoga.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,439 Member
    edited September 2015

Hint... hint... ;)

But don't think of it as EXERCISE ...

Think of it as hopping on your bicycle and going to explore the next town over. Or putting on the hiking shoes and climbing that mountain to see the view. Or wandering down to the beach. Or kayaking amongst whales. Or whatever grabs your fancy.

I love to travel ... to see new things. On weekends where I can't travel, doing this sort of thing locally kind of fills the void. I rarely think about being out there for exercise ... I'm out there to enjoy the sunshine, fresh air, and scenery. To explore ... to have adventures ...

Maybe it helps that in my office many people are active. Our Monday morning "How was your weekend" chats consist of things like ... "I hiked the Overland Track" ... "I took my mtn bike down to the beach" ... I participated in a rowing competition" ... "I got gold again in my powerlifting comp" ... "This weekend I hiked to the top of Mt Wellington in preparation for my Everest trip" ... things like that.

I'm a long distance cyclist who had kind of gone into a slump. It was conversations like these that helped to spur me on again. Everyone else was doing stuff and I, the long distance cyclist, was sitting around doing nothing. Well I couldn't have that ... so I'm losing weight and building my fitness again.

Be the one with adventurous tales to tell on a Monday morning. :grin::grin:

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I was like that. My solution? I started working on weekends. I have more money in each paycheck now, too. :smiley: