Kim's and Kanye's stupid baby name

Options

Replies

• Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Also, they're going to call her Nori ( seaweed) as a nickname.

nice low fat nickname.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    at least its not a common boring name like Michelle, Debbie or Jennifer.
    Ahem! Nothing wrong with Debbie! Grrrr

I'm a Lauren and I love having a generic name (for my age group.) No one ever misspells it or thinks it's weird.

I'm a Lauryn. I love that people can pronounce it. Hate that they can't spell it correctly to save their lives. Seriously, where else could the Y possibly go? At least North is easily spelled and pronounced.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

This. I suppose people enjoy the "blending in" of having a super common name that's main significance is "Well, it was a popular name at the time." If your aunt's a Debbie, or your mom's favorite author was a Michelle someone, at least that's got meaning. Not a, "Well, I liked it." Hell, North seems like a pretty name to me regardless of the kitschy last name with it, and it's rather unique. Sure, a name's what you make it, generic or no... but nonetheless, a name's still an important thing. I guess coming from two sides of people who desperately tried to cling to their "weird" names coming to America, I'm less about the, "Name the kid something normal because normal is something to strive for."

Let's wait for the, "But that kid's going to get beat up" retorts... because, you know, we should totally hold the kid and/or parents accountable for the bullying antics of another child.

And now I'm out, because I thought I left ONTD behind years ago.
    I actually like the name North. It's the North West that's ridiculous.
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    The child will never be bullied or picked on. He will go to private school with other rich kids with ridiculous names. I don't feel bad for the kid at all. I feel bad for all of us who need to see this crap. And the fact we talk about it.. Totally feeding into it and doing what they want us to do.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    That's sad. Kim's body sure went south with the pregnancy. :laugh:
    Well that's a pretty b*tchy and uncalled for thing to say. Don't figure you've been through a pregnancy.

it was hilarious!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

not funny.

Really not funny
  • rml_16
    Options

not funny.

I'd hate to post a photo of me pregnant. I was so big I made a woman audibly scream when she saw my belly. I wish this wasn't true, but it is.

She'll get her body back in no time I'm sure.
    Lisa Kudrow looked like she was carrying quads. She got back to her pre-preg size pretty quickly.
  • Jennms85
    Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Thanks for calling my name boring...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The child will never be bullied or picked on. He will go to private school with other rich kids with ridiculous names. I don't feel bad for the kid at all. I feel bad for all of us who need to see this crap. And the fact we talk about it.. Totally feeding into it and doing what they want us to do.

ah come on....you know you love it...thats why you are posting here. :)
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

you are welcome. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    It's actually taken from an Alfred Hitchcock movie North by North west.

So actually it's quite ingenious how they managed to do it.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

not funny.

Really not funny

really hilarious!
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Well that's a pretty b*tchy and uncalled for thing to say. Don't figure you've been through a pregnancy.

it was hilarious!

guys.

south.

SOUTH.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    As the joke goes, .....If Kim kardashian and Kanye west were drowning and you only had one minute to save them, which sandwich would you make

Where's the like button?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I have an unusual name, I've never met another person with the same. HATED it as a kid. Would have done anything for a "common boring name". Even now, I like it but people never pronounce or spell it right and half the time I give up correcting them.

Your kids name isn't primarily an opportunity for you to show off your awesome creative skills and originality. its the handle your kid will carry the rest of their lives.

I wouldn't change my name for the world, its mine, but if I ever had kids, I like to think that the effect their name will have on them throughout their life would be a primary consideration.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    That's just a rumour, it was apparently leaked but that could be totally wrong.

I really hope it is a rumour, North West is just an unfortunate name, poor girl.
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ugh. North West. Really. The states of Oregon and Washington should just go ahead and sue for defamation of character.

:laugh:
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's just a rumour, it was apparently leaked but that could be totally wrong.

I really hope it is a rumour, North West is just an unfortunate name, poor girl.

No, Rumour is Bruce and Demi's kid.
  • rml_16
    Options

I have an unusual name, I've never met another person with the same. HATED it as a kid. Would have done anything for a "common boring name". Even now, I like it but people never pronounce or spell it right and half the time I give up correcting them.

Your kids name isn't primarily an opportunity for you to show off your awesome creative skills and originality. its the handle your kid will carry the rest of their lives.

I wouldn't change my name for the world, its mine, but if I ever had kids, I like to think that the effect their name will have on them throughout their life would be a primary consideration.
    Agreed. I live the names Cara and Grace, but paired with my last name, they would become a bad joke, so I couldn't name my daughter those names.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

:laugh: