Are you doing pics?

Options
pjsdj
pjsdj Posts: 90 Member
I just did the ol sports bra in the bathroom mirror hoping it will be an amazing inspirational befor pic at some point....however right now I'm just feelin embarrassed!!! How often do you do a pic?

Replies

• misscharleygirl
    misscharleygirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I do mine weekly, actually...but that's probably a little much. Regardless, I actually look forward to each Friday (which is when I it).
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed at myself as I didn't do the whole 'sports bra' pictures when I was at my heaviest because I was too ashamed of myself. I took some when I'd lost around 30lbs, and I hid them away and didn't look at them again, as I was still ashamed of myself. As much as I don't like taking them, I'm glad I at least have them for a comparison at the end. I don't take regular ones really... I'm content with just having one before and one after picture. But I might start taking more once I've lost a bit more weight, just to compare them to the initial photos to motivate myself to keep going :)
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I take them every 10 pounds. it's great motivation when you are feeling stuck to see how far you've come.

I think everyone should do them!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Every couple of months haven't taken one for 3 months and fill the need to take one soon.
  • nindakay
    nindakay Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes! I take pics every week! I also have a pair of jeans and a shirt that I can't fit into anymore...or couldn't before I started loosing weight. It's my incentive outfit if you will. I love to see how it fits better and better every week. I can't wait to wear it out somewhere!
  • greenmm1980
    greenmm1980 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pictures are the only way I can see results in myself. I still see a different person when I look in the mirror. I do the first of every month and it really helps to see the changes and it keeps me motivated.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I take them every 2 weeks. The first one is extremely awful but it is wonderful to see how far I have come!
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I take them every 10 pounds. it's great motivation when you are feeling stuck to see how far you've come.

I think everyone should do them!
    That's a great standard of measurement rather than the typical chronological ones.
    I wish I'd taken an official "before" to see the progress.
  • holliddd
    holliddd Posts: 28
    Options
    I do mine monthly. I am starting to see a lot of toning its exciting! lol
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I took a before pic when I started, but I havent taken one since, I might start doing it every month when I take all my measurements so I can she in picture form what my tape measure is saying.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I did a starting pic, then a 6ish week on and about every two-three weeks thereafter.
    I don't always see the differences in the ones closer together, but they still give me motivation.

Btw: I didn't to the sports bra in the mirror either. Mine are fully clothed. I didn't even think about doing it that way, (who wants to see THAT?!?!?!? :sick: )
  • jesuison
    jesuison Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes, I did it for the first time yesterday. Maybe if I had done it at my weight loss attempts before, I would have stuck with the process! It was SO eye opening! I real embarrassment, but a reality check. I honestly had no idea that I look like that.
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Everytime I make some progress...so prolly every 5-7 pounds...I think photos are hugely important. I find it amazing now to look at where I once was. :)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm taking one every few months since progress is slow lately.... on purpose. My goal is to lose 1/2 a pound a week until I reach my ultimate goal weight..... which is 7.5 pounds away :)
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I took them weekly when I first started. Now, I just take them once every month or two. Definitely take measurements, too, if you haven't already done so!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I do them monthy but two different ways. One is usually in something that fits but way too tight and the other way is in my workout clothes.