I don't notice a Difference in the way i look and the scale keeps giving me different numbers

Options
2»

Replies

• 626Ashley
    626Ashley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It takes a while to notice changes in your body. Take pictures along the way so you can compare. Log your measurements. Remember the successes you have athletically in the gym. Unfortunately 10 pounds is not too much on a 200+ pound body but everyone starts somewhere. You stick with it and 10 pounds becomes 20, then 30... Eventually you will recognize progress but you have to be patient.
  • michelleselmon
    michelleselmon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs a while back and I couldn't visibly 'see it' - Unfortunately, we can't choose where we loose fat from (If we could, I'd have the body of Angelina Jolie right now!) so really, we are going to lose wherever it decides to come from. I have been consistently taking my measurements and have noticed that each month, I have significantly lost inches - so I think it's best for you track this way too. The scales aren't always dead on!

See i thought so ok i will start using the tape measure thanks again so much :)
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    How are your clothes fitting? As far as the scale, are you weighing under the same conditions?

I weigh my self first thing in the morning after i go to the bathroom and every day the scale says i lost another pound to 2 pounds My clothes still fit the same as far as i see it I dont feel smaller at all
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Bj0223 wrote: »
    You could have lost 10 pounds and just not see it. The weight comes off where it wants to not where you want it to or expect it to. I started around 215 too and it took losing 30 pounds before I dropped a size! It was frustrating because I was working so hard and no one noticed and either did I at first.

Keep going and keep logging. There will always be small fluctuations on the scale. This is a slow process and very much worth it.

Two years of logging and using this site I now weigh 155.

I don't see where i lost the weight at all lol my husband has also lost over 12 pounds and I see it on him he looks smaller I'm trying not to compare though lol i just wish i could see where i lost at. Is a Scale Accurate? I started out at 223 and this is my 2nd month I have cheated and had 2 hotdogs but I haven't had anything else that's not healthy even after eating that the scale still said i lost so that's why i'm finding it hard to trust the scale lol but thanks for all your help :)

You keep saying healthy when talking about your foods, and are mentioning eating two hot dogs . well, weight loss comes down to cico. It makes no difference what you eat as far as weight loss is concerned. What matters is calories. ( for improved health, a well balanced diet is preferred but we're talking about weight loss ) so forget about what you ate when you had a treat , and worry about the calories ( for weight loss )

As far as not seeing a difference yet, these things take time. 10 pounds would look like a lot lost on someone who is 110 lbs but sometimes not so much on someone who's larger. I started around your size, so I remember how frustrating it was.
    Worry about long term trends, not daily fluctuations. I can go up 8lbs sometimes, but I know its water weight and will go away. Our body weight can fluctuate for many reasons so its nothing to get upset over. Make a graph and watch the trends over months, not days.
    Some or most of your ten pound loss could've very well been water weight . but that's normal . just continue to eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight . use a food scale for everything you consume to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you so much I will deff keep eating healthy and at a Deficit I think it might of been water weight too I just don't see how i could of lost soon soon i've only been on this diet for 2 months And i am weighing my food and thanks again for the Advice :)
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Taking progress pictures once a month may also help. Sometimes it's hard to see any difference when we look in the mirror everyday.

See i haven't been taking any pictures at all I am embarrassed to have a picture of myself right now but i will start taking pictures maybe i will notice a difference i sure don't see it at all i feel like i look bigger each day i look at myself lol
  • michelleselmon
    Options
    dljones67 wrote: »
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    Taking progress pictures once a month may also help. Sometimes it's hard to see any difference when we look in the mirror everyday.

Great advice. I started this a month ago after reading other's posts & do it every 2 weeks. I can see where I've lost when comparing. Did front, side & back pics & did in under garments. Try to take in same positions for easier comparisons. Keep it up the good work, you can do it. :)

Thank you so much for the Great Advice some days i want to give up because i still look the same 2 months later but i keep going You get Results if you keep eating right and working out I just don't always have time to work out