Maintainence calories

Options
how long should you eat at your maintenance calorie level before increasing or decreasing the calories based on the scale reading? I'm still in the process of finding my calorie level.

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    4 weeks at least. How often do you weigh yourself?

~Lyssa
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »

~Lyssa

Once a week, since hiting maintenance about twice.. Been seeing .5 lb fluctuations
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

Once a week, since hiting maintenance about twice.. Been seeing .5 lb fluctuations

You won't always be at the exact same number on the scale. Give yourself a range to account for water weight fluctuations.

0.5 lb either way can easily just be a water weight thing. I recently went up 2.5 lbs and stayed that way for 2 weeks because I was eating out much more than usual.

It sounds like you're eating maintenance calories right now, or very close to them. I would stick with whatever number you're at for a bit and give it a few more weeks.

~Lyssa
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options

~Lyssa

You won't always be at the exact same number on the scale. Give yourself a range to account for water weight fluctuations.

0.5 lb either way can easily just be a water weight thing. I recently went up 2.5 lbs and stayed that way for 2 weeks because I was eating out much more than usual.

It sounds like you're eating maintenance calories right now, or very close to them. I would stick with whatever number you're at for a bit and give it a few more weeks.

~Lyssa

Awesome thanks!