Healthy snack food ideas?

i usually get decently hungry between lunch and dinner and veggies just don't satisfy me until supper. Any ideas?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Chocolate cake.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    What do you like? How many calories do you have to work with?
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Chocolate cake.

Seems legit
    arditarose wrote: »

I have like 1000 left for the day so I can spare a decent amount
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    ESotrops wrote: »
    Chocolate cake.

Seems legit

I like a Quest bar at that time of day. You could have a greek yogurt with your favorite mix ins. I don't know. Whatever you like as long as it fits!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I typically pick protein as a base and try and fit the other macros in. So it could be hummus and crackers, peanut butter and celery, hiker's mix, or half a protein bar.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Awesome thanks everyone!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    ESotrops wrote: »
    Chocolate cake.

Seems legit

Cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, veggies- I like baby carrots, popcorn (you can air pop for less calories, or get 100 calorie microwave bags), protein bars, those little pouches of peanut butter....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Chocolate cake.

SNORT!

veggies and hummus
    apples and peanut butter
    hard boiled eggs
    cheese
    greek yogurt with fruit and nuts
    popcorn
    nuts
    avocado
  • Try nuts or trail mix.
  • 2strive4fitness
    2strive4fitness Posts: 17 Member
    I like laughing cow cheese on celery or triscuit crackers, hard boiled eggs, Greek yogurt, almond butter on celery, apples or whole grain bread, cheese sticks, edamame.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I know you said No Veggies, but roasted (and cooled) edamame is really pretty yummy, IMO. If you have 1000 calories left, some nuts!

Fruits are always good. Granola - yum! A hard boiled egg.

With 1000 calories, you could really have anything you want. :)
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    air-popped popcorn
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Honestly, a lot of my "snacks" are meal-type items, just in smaller portions. When it's cold, I like to make myself a bowl of oats (1/2 cup rolled oats, 1 cup water, 1tbsp maple syrup, cinnamon/chocolate chips/vanilla/fruit as desired). Sometimes, I'll open a can of chickpeas, rinse them, and eat 1/2 cup with a couple of tablespoons of sour cream. Or I'll steam a whole bunch of veggies or cook a whole bunch of quinoa/rice at the beginning of the week and reheat it as snacks whenever I feel hungry invetween meals. I also like to get those little precooked breakfast sausages from the freezer aisle and reheat 2-3 of them as a snack sometimes. I also like to make extra pancakes or biscuits when I cook breakfast occasionally, freeze them, and reheat them when I'm craving a little breakfast food.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Try eating 1lb of steamed broccoli, cabbage, or cauliflower with some seasonings/hot sauce/mustard. Bet that'll keep you full for 3 hours