Favorite yellow squash recipe?

Options
Kid friendly too?

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Shred 2 yellow squash, squeeze out all of the liquid. Mix with 1lb ground chicken breast, 1 egg, and seasonings of choice (I do a bit of adobo). Form into chicken nugget shapes and bread with breadcrumbs of choice (I do a homemade gf seasoned crumb), and bake at 425 on a rack for 20 minutes.

If you'd like to freeze it, do so directly on a metal cookie sheet and transfer to a freezer bag once frozen. Microwave until thawed and broil both sides until crispy.
    These are made with zucchini, but the yellow squash is even better
    qhzpgmrpyihu.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    When I was a kid my favorite was just sliced into moons and sautéed with onion and some minced garlic.

Also think about hollowing the inside, cooking that with meat and a filler and making boats (taco boats, enchilada boats, pizza boats, etc). Just google or Pinterest zucchini boats.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cook it Dow with onions and garlic in chicken broth. Season to taste.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sliced and grilled with some salt added at the end.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Shred 2 yellow squash, squeeze out all of the liquid. Mix with 1lb ground chicken breast, 1 egg, and seasonings of choice (I do a bit of adobo). Form into chicken nugget shapes and bread with breadcrumbs of choice (I do a homemade gf seasoned crumb), and bake at 425 on a rack for 20 minutes.

If you'd like to freeze it, do so directly on a metal cookie sheet and transfer to a freezer bag once frozen. Microwave until thawed and broil both sides until crispy.
    These are made with zucchini, but the yellow squash is even better
    qhzpgmrpyihu.jpg

This looks awesome! I'll have to try it!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    My kid and husband have loved them for 7 years now. I always keep them on hand.