tricks using better than bouillon products

Options
I'm looking to make very healthy moderately or or low caloric very satisfying things. I understand that better than bouillon products are very good at making satisfying Dishes.

Please give me your best suggestions for weight loss!

Replies

• Becoming_A_Princess
    Options
    Better than bouillon is awesome, very salty tho so be careful as far as that.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of those. What are they?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I've never heard of this, but I make my own stock, so it's healthy and free.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium for me. Herbs and spices are your friend. There is a great recipe section here. For weight loss, eat less than you burn and you'll lose.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by satisfying.

Salty satisfies our taste buds (which some people have pointed out these are)

Fat tends to satisfy our hunger. Protein can as well. I suspect this product lacks both of these.
  • Venus_Red
    Venus_Red Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Boullion??? You may as well eat raman. In fact I'm fairly sure it's the same thing. Why would you do that?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Eric, are you talking about those little bullion squares? For me, they are way too salty. However, what I do like is a broth with less salt in it, which I use as the liquid for rice and quinoa.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Better than bouillon is a very concentrated, salty base of beef, chicken, turkey, etc. It likely has a high concentration of glutamates, which make foods more satisfying and just tastier. I like them in small amounts to make gravies and sauces more beefy or more like turkey. Also they last forever in the fridge because of the salt. We call them "the essence of 40 cows", if anyone remembers Northern Exposure.
  • Verivus
    Verivus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Boullion??? You may as well eat raman. In fact I'm fairly sure it's the same thing. Why would you do that?

You obviously have never had good ramen.

OP, making chicken stock is very cheap and simple. I'm not sure what you're asking for though. If you mean you want recipes that use bouillon and are low calorie then make soup. High volume, low calorie.
  • eric2light
    eric2light Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes @Verivus and also perhaps to make things that are not soup at all? Stock is used in lots of places in cooking, right?