Options
2»

Replies

• christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look like a body builder

You won't!!!!!!

It's freakin' hard for women to gain muscles and we don't have enough testosterone to look like men.

I know everyone says that but I still remember what happened when I was a teen... I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. We lifted weights and I wanted to "be stronger" than the guys so I would use a lot of weight with the leg press. The result was big thighs although my body fat percentage was really low. I still have huge thighs but that muscle has turned to fat over all these years.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You don't need to buy any books for StrongLifts. Here's a link to the group here on MFP, the program is all there and all the girls there can help with all questions.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Good luck!

Thanks! I will check it out.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I don't want to look like a body builder

You won't!!!!!!

It's freakin' hard for women to gain muscles and we don't have enough testosterone to look like men.

I know everyone says that but I still remember what happened when I was a teen... I was a competitive swimmer for 10 years. We lifted weights and I wanted to "be stronger" than the guys so I would use a lot of weight with the leg press. The result was big thighs although my body fat percentage was really low. I still have huge thighs but that muscle has turned to fat over all these years.

If you truly did gain mass in your thighs, it was most likely from eating at a surplus. I know i wasn't counting calories when i was in high school.