Any vegans?

Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am really interested. For those of you who decide to go vegan, do you get rid of all of your silk, leather, and wool clothing and accessories, or do you just never buy any more?

I have a vegan friend, and she didn't throw her things away, she just didn't buy any more. Throwing away good clothing/whatever and buying more (even synthetic) damages the environment - more than waiting until the item is outgrown/irreparable/has holes/faded/whatever before you buy synthetic versions.

That makes more sense to me. You have already used the animal product/caused the death of the animal. How do you explain it to people who ask you how you can be a vegan and still wear leather/wool/silk?

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I had a big clear out and gave most of it to charity. I only kept a couple of odd things like a scruffy jumper I didn't think they could sell. I was already vegetarian so didn't have much as I dint buy leather. But I never thought about wool and things like that. I just don't buy anything made of animal products anymore.
  • vegangela_
    vegangela_ Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am really interested. For those of you who decide to go vegan, do you get rid of all of your silk, leather, and wool clothing and accessories, or do you just never buy any more?

I re-homed my non-vegan things with friends and family. Except my work shoes which have to be leather.
  • vegankiki
    vegankiki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan but I've been a naughty junk food vegan for the last 6 months so have gained a few kilos and thats why im back on here to be more accountable. Add me if you like so I've got some vegan friends for motivation x