Muscle Recovery!! Help!

Options
Needing advice on muscle recovery. & Why is it about 2-3 days until pain is gone. I drink some days more than a gallon of water and stretch. Help!!! Please and thanks in advance.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    It just means your muscle aren't conditioned for the exercises you're doing. It's a regular response to exercise that you're not consistent with or increase in the intensity you're doing.
    Just move around (active recovery) to help reduce the soreness.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I get DOMS every time I try a new activity.....DOMS = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (Stiffness?)....while waiting for those days to pass, as niner said above, make sure you stay somewhat active, keep moving the sore, stiff muscles.....Foam rollers help some, a hot bath with Epsom salts should help, Tylenol if it's bad enough...but like above said, it's normal, and it'll pass. Good luck! xo
  • AmandaCaton2015
    AmandaCaton2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So up my cardio more? I'm on the stair stepper no less than 40 min a day I train 5-6 days a week and day to day activities are constantly on the go. Should I lift a heavier?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Which strength program are you following? And what is your overall goal?
  • AmandaCaton2015
    Options
    Thank you loves, over all goal I'm undergoing surgery in February full tummy tuck and Breast implants. I want to compete in a show after my operation and to maintain an over all healthy life.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    So....... which program are you following?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Thank you loves, over all goal I'm undergoing surgery in February full tummy tuck and Breast implants. I want to compete in a show after my operation and to maintain an over all healthy life.

Are you getting a tummy tuck for excess skin or fat? Or both? If you don't mind me asking?

• AmandaCaton2015
    Options
    Loose skin, lost 58lbs in 6 months, I am.not following any plan just 1200 call a day, strength training with a friend and no less than 40 min of cardio a day.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I would stretch very thoroughly after and use a foam roller. Those two things have really helped me not have severe DOMS even when I really change up my routine or increase my weights.

Are you sure you're eating enough to sustain your body with all the activity? You're not really doing your body any favors in the long run if you aren't giving it enough nutrients.
  • AmandaCaton2015
    Options
    I was at 1400 cal a day but was told to go down to 1200, I think I will expand my stretch time, and will be investing in a foam roller. So far I have managed to loose 58lbs and keep it off but this is only the first week of going down to 1200 cals.