Calling all those with low blood pressure issues! Friend me! (Or comment so I can start a group)

Options
13»

Replies

• Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    So glad I just stumbled on this thread. Frustrated too at a lack of information. Normal BP for me is 80/40. Doctors look at me and start to freak a little but I am breathing so they say that is good.... :)
    I have read that low thyroid can also be a cause. I do suffer with GI issues - IBS with constipation which is also an affect of low blood pressure as things just don't move as fast as they should.
    I lift weights regularly and if, for example, I am doing deadlifts the first time I bend over to lift the bar I will get lightheaded coming back up. Yeah - a bit of a concern. Then when I set the bar back down and stand back up lightheaded again. Happens daily. Gives me a headache as the blood rushes back into my head and sometimes it will last a while. So my problem is the more I workout the lower the BP goes.
  • Runfaster14
    Runfaster14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Also - I never associated the racing heart rate to low BP. Sometimes sitting on the couch for a while my heart will start racing. Makes sense with your explanation. I know when that happens I have to get up very slowly a little at a time or I will hit the ground in an unpleasant way.