im the only one:(

Options
2»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    We have two options in my house. You either eat it or go hungry
    Im not a short order cook. If im making spagetti bolognase i make the sauce from scratch and ill have more of that with a small amount of pasta, the others add cheese and garlic bread to theirs and more pasta.

Today being Sunday dinner is a roast so ill have plenty of meat and vegetables with one potato and they will have extra potatoes and stuffing

Theres always snacks in the fridge to meet the extra calories my daughter needs, no one feels deprived
  • tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I make meals that have separate components that can be linked together. So if we're having spaghetti bol, I make pasta and mince for dh, a veggie sauce for both of us, courgette noodles for me. Pretty straightforward really. I very rarely make 2 completely separate meals, and when I do it's because one of us is eating something convenience -y
  • ghoti_fish
    ghoti_fish Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    ghoti_fish wrote: »
    This thread makes me appreciate my husband A LOT!

Well, I do hope he knows he's appreciated. To me appreciation Is worth way more than anything material.

I showed this thread to him. His response (which echoes the thougts of all members of my family) was "haven't you done well for yourself!"
    He is a diamond.... A very smug diamond.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    andrikosDE wrote: »
    This thread makes me appreciate my husband A LOT!

Well, I do hope he knows he's appreciated. To me appreciation Is worth way more than anything material.

I showed this thread to him. His response (which echoes the thougts of all members of my family) was "haven't you done well for yourself!"
    He is a diamond.... A very smug diamond.

Awesome. Everyone loves a hard working smartass. I speak from personal experience. ;)
  • roroinco
    roroinco Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't eliminate any foods, just eat in moderation. Log your food. My husband is happy that I'm cooking healthier meals now. Just because you cook healthy doesn't mean everyone in your house is on a weight loss journey. The goal is to be healthy. My daughter is 8 and has learned to try new foods. She has learned to like things that she thought she didn't like. Your family will learn that this is the new you and it isn't so bad.

Again, you can have good whole grain carbs, just eat in moderation. When you log your food, you can view your macronutrients. Just try to stay within your limits. You can learn to adapt your family favorite meals into a healthier version. I still had a piece of cake on my daughter's birthday. I adjusted what I ate the rest of the day, knowing I would eat that small piece of cake. I just didn't eat gigantic piece like the old me would have.
  • deeS3211
    deeS3211 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There's so many good recipes on pintrest . Low carb, paleo, low fat, pressure cooker , crock pot , etc. I swear by pintrest to keep it new and fresh every week